output text files from flash variables?

• supermatt22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • supermatt22

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm trying to create a page in flash that would work similarly to a contact page in a web site, but I'd like to have the customer data saved as a text file on the local HD. Anyone know if this is possible, or how I would go about doing this?
I'm pretty new to flash.
Thanks for any advice!

Matt
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

on the local hard disk ?
the answer is : Never, because of security, flash doesn't allow to write anything on the local hard disk.
If u put it on the web, then u can write on the server a text file, using php. But on the local computer .... never.
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you are looking to send info to a text document on the server, this tutorials should be helpful:

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225032

i couldn't find a quick tutorial on flash to php, so you'll have to bear with me...

let's say you call your php file "contact.php"...

to get the info from flash to php, make a movieclip with the entry boxes in it... make each entry box a dynamic text box and give each one a variable name that corresponds to variables in the php file.
then, on the _root of the flash doc, drop in the movieclip and give it an instance name of "form", for example...
then, have some button on there (the "submit" button or whatever) with the following action:
Code: [ Select ]
on(release){_root.form.loadVariables("contact.php","POST");}
  • supermatt22
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • supermatt22

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the info.
I was hoping to create a "program" and would format customer entered data into a text document. I'm not a programmer, but work a little with Flash, so I thought I'd check.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts