PAGEFLIP v2

• Luke318is
  • Luke318is

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok heres the deal

I am part of a new online publishing business. We are releasing a few art based e-books. I am incharge of figuring out the technical side of things when it comes to these ebooks.

The developers WANT to use Pageflip
http://www.iparigrafika.hu/pageflip/

I dont think i have enough flash knowledge to do this by myself.

Does anyone here have enough knowledge about pageflip to increase the size of the pages and clear some of the old content so i can work with sort of a template?

If necessary, there would be credit given, or maybe a light cash deal made for a bit of help.

speak up if you can do it!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• CyberSorcerer
  • CyberSorcerer
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Luke318is

Yea, what you want to do is not that hard but the link you gave us is helping you out. Look at the bottom of that page and it has a link to download the source code for it.

CyberSorcerer
  • Luke318is
  • Luke318is

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya ive got the source...the problem is figuring it out...with a novice background in flash to be generous.

just need bigger pages basically...then i think i can cram content in there...i think ill be able to add pages on my own...but im not sure about that either.

any help with page sizing is greatly appreciated.

if anyone figures it out, and wants to email me the .fla file its:
  • CyberSorcerer
  • CyberSorcerer
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you have to do is select your page symbol and increase its size by pulling at the corner to the size you want.

I had to come back and edit my post. I am assuming of course that you already have the pageflip effect animated. If not you do have a bit to learn then.

CyberSorcerer
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think there`s something more than only increasing the page symbol :D
  • Luke318is
  • Luke318is

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, i asked someone else and this is what he said

"Thanks for the file, it was interesting to look at. I particularly like the use of transparencies and the tear away page. I was able to add pages by following the method outlined in the "help - read actions here! section", and if you look at the code in layer actions / frame 5 / line22 and 23 there are two variables pw and ph that set the width and height of the page respectively, which is what you wanted, I believe. It is noted in the code that you must adjust the actual size of the page movie clips that you export to match pw and ph, or the script will not work. So I think that if you can figure out how to adjust the size of the page movieclips and do a little code editing, this would suit your purposes quite well"

I tried this and made the pages 600x500px in the code..then tried dragging the corners to make them bigger...they looked sorta right but wouldent flip..and got all screwed up..

can anyone help?
  • -Dallas-
  • Born
  • Born
  • -Dallas-

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello!

I no nothing about flash but am interested in using the pageflip engine for a blog project.

I have downloaded the source code for pageflip but have no clue how to make it work. Can this code be used on a personal pc or do I need a server?

How do you load it?

Basically I have no clue!

Could someone point me in the right direction on how to use the page flip souce code?

Thanks!

-Dallas-

dallas2046@hotmail.com
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's stand alone ... so basically you just need to change the content of the pages, from flash. this means you can use it both on your PC and on a server
  • len14
  • Born
  • Born
  • len14
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey, i have the pageflip file but im confused on adding new pages. how will i copy an instance to the exported items on frame 4 on the main timeline? cnt understand it. please help me! :((
  • len14
  • Born
  • Born
  • len14
  • Loc: philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. If you want a new page, DUPLICATE on of the templates (depending on what side your page will be).
2. Edit the content of the layer "content".
3. Export your new page (Library/linkage), and don't forget to uncheck "Export in first frame",
4. then copy an instance to the exported items! (Main timeline/Layer: exported/ frame 4)
5. The last step, is to change the page data (layer actions/frame5/from line26):
I got this from the pageflip code HELP but I really dont understand STEP #4.. Please Help me!
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

setp 4: drag from the library the page that you just created, into layer exported, frame 4

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts