PageFlip with Full book Drop Shadow.

• MAbans
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: San Diego CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I found PageFlipV2 to be extremely valuable about and easy to customize. The one thing I would like to do is to add a bit of a drop shadow to the actual book. just to give it a bit more depth to it. Anyone been able to do this?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

drop shadow only when the page is completly flipped or even when the page is flipping?
  • MAbans
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Both. I could deal with it if it was just there after the page flip
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

there might be some ways but not sure right now if they work, i have to try first. probably it will work if you attach a movie clip with the shadow from the library inside each movieclip that holds the graphics for pages. that shadow movieclip would be a shape which can be resized dinamycally, and the alpha of the mc set to 20 or even less.
But then again, i have to try first and see how it behaves.
If the script works in Flash8, then dynamic content is possible with the use of the bitmap class, but since i dont have Flash8 yet, cant try that for now.
  • MAbans
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm using Version 6 so how limited am I at the possiblity of using that idea you presented?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you use ver.6 then you can skip the dynamic content part, the rest can be used.
  • stchatterbox
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, Tokyo, Macau

Post 3+ Months Ago

The pageflip is very lovely indeed. I know nothing much about Macromedia Flash, a software I wish to learn so much, and I sometimes wonder if a we could implement this dynamic page flip into a blog (Wordpress/textpattern/MT etc) where the latest post goes on top and as the page flip, one could read the other older archives.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can implement dynamic text content in MX, but to add dynamic images as well ... then you'll need 8 ball.
  • eihd_0
  • eihd_0

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found a lovely Pageflip
http://www.sothink.com/product/swfquick ... ip_v22.php

Share it here.
  • jstevenson06
  • Born
  • Born
  • jstevenson06

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have came across a project recently that I need to convert this entire catalog into a hihg res flash page flip with zoom in/out, links to ecommerce....and I found this company who offers the whole nice yards. Preface8 eCatalog - check them out at http://www.prefacemedia.com/demos.php
  • Jerrelle
  • Born
  • Born
  • Jerrelle

Post 3+ Months Ago

I apologize for reviving an old thread but I would like to know if someone has been able to get the drop shadow effect to work with MX?

I am new to Flash, however, I have been able to get a project converted to the page flip format. I have white pages that need to stand out from the background.
  • ccoonen
  • Born
  • Born
  • ccoonen
  • Loc: Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Were you guys able to make a dynamic external source version of this? I was able to but I had to use massive hackery to load DB-Driven data for the FlipBook. Was wondering if you guys had a solution.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

at the very first link from this topic there is a dynamic version of the page flip, you can get it for a fair price.
  • rockafromhell
  • Student
  • Student
  • rockafromhell
  • Loc: Erie,Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, i jsut did something like this which is very simple to do just lotta actionscript

heres a link if you want the code i can give you for free and you can edit it

http://www.night.izzohosting.com/oldpages.swf

it seems more flexible and realistic to me

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts