Placeholder image while flash loads

• janetoneil
  • Born
  • Born
  • janetoneil

Post 3+ Months Ago

How do I put in a still image in a website so that before the flash is loaded you would still see something instead of a blank area (this is on a flash button or small flash movie)? Does it require a preloader?

Thanks
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mahjik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mahjik
  • Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know if there is some way within the html to do that or not, but a preloader would definitely work. wouldnt use a bitmap though, too long to download. a simple loading graphic showing how much has downloaded is pretty much standard these days i think. check out some of the topics in this forum, you should find plenty of help if you need it on making a preloader

hope that helps

mahjik
  • janetoneil
  • Born
  • Born
  • janetoneil

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll do that - I thought maybe a non-animation image with the loading script behind it might be the way, but I was unsure if there was something within Javascript that would do it in the HTML.
  • eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont think you'd wanna make someone wait for image to download, any flash website you go to uses preloaders. Some of them are simplistic, some are a little bit more complex, but even some of the high end design studios use simple rectangular preloaders. I recommend visiting http://www.kirupa.com to see some nice starter tuts for flash. Good luckc

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts