playing 3 movies in sequence

• sentme_mail
  • sentme_mail

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,
i have 3 swf files. how can i play these 3 files in sequence 1 after another when the user click on a button?
thanks
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well you could always convert to a sprite - three sprites - these play independant of the main movie.

:D
  • sentme_mail
  • sentme_mail

Post 3+ Months Ago

how do i go about doing that?
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

As you did'nt say what software I can only say what we do in Swishmax...
You could get a .jpg then put in the effect you want, you want it to be seperate from scene_1 so then you would 'convert to sprite'. you can put in a sprite absolutly anything. popups image scrollers..just about anything you can think of can be a sprite. and can be placed in the timeline at what ever frame you want.
Macromedia say:
A sprite is an object that controls when, where, and how cast members appear in a Macromedia Director MX 2004 movie. Multiple sprites can use the same cast member. You can also switch cast members assigned to a sprite as the movie plays. You use the Stage to control where a sprite appears, and you use the Score to control when it appears in your movie.

Sprites appear on the Stage layered according to the channel in which they are assigned in the Score. Sprites in higher-numbered channels appear in front of sprites in lower-numbered channels. A movie can include as many as 1000 sprite channels. Use the Movie tab of the Property inspector to control the number of channels.

Sprite properties include the sprite's size and location, the cast member assigned to the sprite, the sprite's name, and the frames in which the sprite occurs. Different properties can alter the appearance of a sprite. You can rotate, skew, flip, and change the color of sprites without affecting cast members. You can change sprite properties with the Property inspector or Lingo or JavaScript syntax.

You can also give each sprite a unique name. You can assign a name by using the Property inspector, and then view the sprite by name in the Score and on the Stage. Assigning a name lets you refer to the sprite by that name in Lingo or JavaScript syntax and not just by the channel number that it occupies. You can move a sprite to a different channel and not worry about changing scripts. Editing scores and code scripts is much easier when you refer to a sprite by its name.

In Lingo or JavaScript syntax, some properties are available only for certain types of sprites. Such properties typically are characteristics that are related to the specific sprite type. For example, Lingo or JavaScript syntax has several digital video properties that determine the contents of tracks in digital video sprites.

http://www.half-serious.com/swf/format/ ... tes_movies

If Flash is your chosen software then go to macromedia help forums - a great place to learn about the software which I must say has along learning curve.

Me I Swish :) easy to use - easy on your pocket!

:)
  • sentme_mail
  • sentme_mail

Post 3+ Months Ago

unfortunately i am using flash mx 2004. any help?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts