Please help I'm soo frustrated

• geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I bought a flash template online and have been editing it in CS3. (by editing I mean changing fonts and text)

I know nothing about flash but to keep up with the other companies in Nashville I need to upgrade my website, and make it more interactive!

I need help with two things!

I have an intro page with two links

one link will link to my business blog and the other link links to my SWF file!

When users click on my SWF link I want it to open up in a new fullscreen window! (right now I have to instruct visitors to hit the F11 key to go into fullscreen mode!

The second thing I need help with is fixing my flash contact box. Once again it was a part of the template, but I can't get the form to send to my email address!

I have no idea where to even begin!!

Please help me, I'm getting so frustrated!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Opening flash full screen is pretty simple. On the first frame of your flash movie add this ActionScript code

Code: [ Select ]
//run full screen
fscommand("fullscreen", true);
  1. //run full screen
  2. fscommand("fullscreen", true);

The form part is a little tougher, especially with such minimal information. Typically Flash isn't what actually does the mailing. You'd normally for your submit button call an external script such as a php file that handles the mail part.

There's a good bit of info in this link on using a php mailer script with Flash
flash-forum/send-mail-via-php-using-flash-t83259.html

(one would think if the template included a mail form, they should have included the necessary script to mail it).
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey thanks!!

How do I know where the first fram of my flash movie is?
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

In your timeline are your movie frames. They are numbered. Frame 1 would be the first frame on the left. Most good Flash designers would have a separate layer for all their ActionScript code and typically name that layer "actions". If an actions layer doesn't already exist, just add a new layer yourself and rename it to actions.

Simply click the first frame on the actions layer to highlight it, open your actions panel (F9) and paste the code I provided above.

A word of advice, if you are going to have your site in Flash, then you need to seriously take some time and learn it. There are Flash tutorials for beginners all over the place. Also, be sure you are working with a copy of your template file - not the original, otherwise you're going to end up screwing up your template and really be stuck.
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah I have the original template saved!!

And I've been trying to study templates the past 3 days because I'm real big on figuring out how to do stuff on my own, but I just can't get the site to do like I want it to!!

On my timeline the first layer I click on has the folowing code

Code: [ Select ]
Stage.scaleMode = "noScale"
Stage.align = "CL"
stop();

_root.g_page = 1;
_root.page = 1;
_root.flag1 = 1;
_root.p1 = 1;
_root.ppi = 1;
_root.pp1 = 1;
_root.aa1 = 1;
_root.scroller.scroller.gotoAndStop(3);
import mx.utils.Delegate;
import mx.transitions.Tween;
import mx.transitions.easing.*;
function tola2(){
    _root.logo_main._x = Stage.width / 2 -0 ;
    //_root.logo_main._y = Stage.height / 2 - 15;

}
var aa = {}
aa.onResize = tola2
Stage.addListener(aa)
  1. Stage.scaleMode = "noScale"
  2. Stage.align = "CL"
  3. stop();
  5. _root.g_page = 1;
  6. _root.page = 1;
  7. _root.flag1 = 1;
  8. _root.p1 = 1;
  9. _root.ppi = 1;
  10. _root.pp1 = 1;
  11. _root.aa1 = 1;
  12. _root.scroller.scroller.gotoAndStop(3);
  13. import mx.utils.Delegate;
  14. import mx.transitions.Tween;
  15. import mx.transitions.easing.*;
  16. function tola2(){
  17.     _root.logo_main._x = Stage.width / 2 -0 ;
  18.     //_root.logo_main._y = Stage.height / 2 - 15;
  21. }
  22. var aa = {}
  23. aa.onResize = tola2
  24. Stage.addListener(aa)

Would I place your code somewhere in this section of coding?

Sorry to keep bugging you, I hate having to ask people for stuff like this, but I just can't figure it out!!

To get an idea check out My site http://2duce2.com/

I'm going for the feel of this site http://www.FocalPointCinematic.com/

I really appreciate all your help so far!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

You could put it right after the stop(); however, after giving it some thought, that alone is not quite going to do what you are after. I answered quickly before I remembered that that actually only worked full screen when I saved it as a Windows Projecter .exe file to be used from a CD. I'll have to give it some thought because there is a way to open it full screen without the toolbars and such.

That's a nice template but are you aware that it isn't working in IE7? FF is fine, but IE7 isn't playing it for me. In order to get it to work in IE, you need to publish it with an HTML file and link to the HTML file instead of the swf file.

Also, on your splash page even though you are opening your flash site in a "_blank" target window, remember people like me are using Firefox and other tabbed browsers. In IE your file does open in a new window, but in Firefox I have it set to open links like that in a new tab.

Like I said, I'll give it a little thought, but it's not quite as simple as I made it appear at first. Sorry about that. Trying not to confuse you.
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

No I wasn't aware that it wasn't working in IE7...suck!!! I tried to link to the html file and I got this error message

This page requires AC_RunActiveContent.js.

Man...I have so much respect for you professionals who design these websites..It takes soo much patients!!

I think imma go bang my head against the wall for a minute...haha!!
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

When you published your file in addition to the HTML file it also generated a file named AC_RunActiveContent.js

You need to upload that to your website in the same directory as your HTML file and then it will work. Still working on the fullscreen thing. I know it can work in Flash player 9 or higher, but only know how to do it with a toggle button such as this example:
http://www.bezzmedia.com/swfspot/tutori ... Flash_Mode

It's what you want, but you don't want them to click a button. I'm trying to rewrite that to see if I can get it to do the same thing with an onLoad or onEnterFrame function.
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went and linked to the html file, and now even when I go into full screen mode there are scroll bars on the side!!

AHHHHH:)
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, and when I open it on my mac its aligned all the way to the left, leaving a ton of space to the right!
  • geno369329
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nevermind about the scroll bar!! I'm an idiot...got it worked out!!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts