Post array php to flash?

• pixienick
  • pixienick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,
anyone know how to send an array from php to flash, and perhaps even back again with like 'sendAndLoad'?
any help much appreciated
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

i haven't done too much work with php and flash, but i have found this:

Code: [ Select ]
form.loadVariables("email.php", "POST");

for email forms that I've set up in flash...
where form is the name of a movieclip containing dynamic textboxes with variable names parallelling those in the php file...

I think you can just use POST and GET for what you're doing, no?

Hope this helps...
peace,
puck
  • pixienick
  • pixienick

Post 3+ Months Ago

well this particular method i'm using you use print statements in the PHP to return variables to the Flash, like;

print(&Status=$Status);

will make the variable 'Status' in flash contain the passed info. However printing an array dosent really work or make sense, and i think it would be a bit to much to expect from Flash just recognising it and creating an array for it to go into. So i'm a bit stumped for the syntax required for such an operation.
Maybe the best option if long winded is to just use mysql, and just send recordsets around instead of messing with these arrays and the like.
Thanks for your thoughts
  • Mattu
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you're looking to be able to send data from a php script to a flash video once the flash video is already loaded, forget it. Once the webpage has loaded all the PHP is already parsed and you can't resend data from PHP. I'd imagine you already know this though, and I may have interpreted your question wrong.
  • pixienick
  • pixienick

Post 3+ Months Ago

well actually, yes i am sending data to and from flash to php at various different points throughout the site, long after all the flash has loaded. The PHP is parsed afresh whenver my users click on a 'send' type button. So i cant say i know what you're talking about. But no that wasnt the question anyway. I just want the PHP to read an unspecified amount of values from a text file and send it all to Flash, in an array, surely not impossible!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts