Preloaders for multiple movies/ site check please

• msdivine
  • Born
  • Born
  • msdivine

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi there,
I have one flash file, and from there are several links. Each new link when clicked opens up a new flash movie using loadmovie in a target movie clip.
I created preloaders for each of the individual flash files.
However when testing for streaming, it does not work.
My site is http://www.msdivine.net/alexeisayle/alexeisayle.htm

Example, from the main flash file, when I click on filmography, the movie laods, but prelaoder doesn't work. However, when I test my filmography movie indiviually, by running filmography.htm, the preloader works. Please advise.

It's easier to see this problem on modem connections. since faster connections already loads the files.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When testing it locally it will not work since the dynamically loaded content is not being downloaded to a cache, it is loaded almost instantly from your local system.

Upload it to a server to accurately test preloaders on dynamically loaded external movies.

A few notes though. If the file size isn't that large and you are on broadband, your preloader will zip by, sometimes it may seem like it just skips over it.

To make certain your preloader is working, making sure you are not using _root to address anything. The locator "this" should suffice.

For the site check part, this forum has a site check section ;)
  • msdivine
  • Born
  • Born
  • msdivine

Post 3+ Months Ago

bascially my preloaders do not work when I am calling the movies from the links.
Please take a look at my site http://www.msdivine.net/alexeisayle/alexeisayle.htm to see what I am saying...
  • diverdan
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • diverdan
  • Loc: Alabama, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

when i viewed the site, about half of the preloaders did work...

the only parts that did NOT seem to have a preloader were Interviews, Books, and Links

either these parts are not supposed to have the preloaders or you should fix them, the other parts did work correctly

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts