preloading multiple swf files, images and music

• ozzu12254
  • ozzu12254

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have a site existing of 9 different swf files.
no i made a main swf that uses the navigation swf file to load the other swf files by the loadMovieNum function. no i want to load the different movies before the movie begins, also i want to load the dynamic used images that i use in an sfw file and that are gettet by an php script.

also i want to have a 0-100% preloader and not an 0-100% for every movie.

can u people help me with this?

Greetz Henk
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

try searching the forum, it's been asked numerous times.
  • starqueen
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey MoonDust... I had the same question actually a few days ago. I did search this forum for over an hour I think and with all the topics no one answered the direct preloader question. So I'll answer it for you since I researched a ton on this multiple .swf thing.

Calling external .swfs can't be preloaded in with the main .swf file, it's impossible to get the bytes of an external file. You can go ahead and add up all the bytes yourself but the preloader cannot load it and take the bytes loaded into consideration, that's going outside of flash. I've heard suggestions numerous times on this, one was to just include the .swf files into the main one to be loaded, but when you call them flash thinks they're different files and loads them all over again anyway. I think for your best bet is to use javascript and hope that by the time the main file gets loaded and setup that the other .swf files are being cached. ^_^ Problem is javascript doesn't recognize .swf files as image files, lol so that can't happen as far as I know.

Of course the way everyone else does it is just by having a small preloader on each .swf file, so as they get called they'll be loaded then. I agree with you, there should be a better way, but alas no one wants to try or say how.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts