problem with motion/alpha tween

• rayden7
  • Born
  • Born
  • rayden7

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone -

New to the forum and new to Flash, so be gentle. :wink:

I have a symbol I want to fade in (using an alpha blend), with a motion tween, ease the symbol in, and rotate it (the symbol is a rising sun with the rays extending - the naval ensign of Japan). All of this is working, but for one small problem; I made the symbol out of two separate shapes (a red circle for the sun, and a collection of rays), and the alpha blending is showing the disparity between the two shapes, even though they are grouped (you can see at the beginning of the animation where the rays join together behind the circle, but I want the alpha blend to transition the sun and the rays at the same time.

Here's the .fla file so you guys can see what I mean (I'm sure there's an easy way to fix this - I thought by grouping the sun and the rays, then converting that to a symbol, and doing the alpha blend on the symbol the problem would go away, but no).

http://www.journeytojapan.com/flash/naval_ensign_015.fla
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Two overlapping symbols with alpha blending applied will have an addative effect. There are a couple of different things I can think of that you could do to make this work.

1. Instead of using the alpha effect, you could use brightness.

2. Make the two symbols (the rays and the circle) into one.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts