Quality Problem

• Zonezero5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Zonezero5

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am currently making flash navigation for a website, and I have a bunch of jpgs that make up the nav bar that I imported into the library, and made them buttons. Everything looks fine in flash, but after I publish it looks really bad quality wise. I changed the publish settings for the jpg quality up to 100 but it still doesn't look good. The only thing that bugs me is it looks fine when I'm working with it in flash it looks just like I want it to, but after it's exported it looks horrible. If you need the fla let me know and I'll pm you a link to it. Thanks for any help.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• adminsr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • adminsr
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Horrible? Are the images streaked, dithered, splotched, what? What program did you make the images in? What file type? Could the text on the buttons be changed into a vector so that it's not a problem (and saves space)?
  • Zonezero5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Zonezero5

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pixelated. I made the images in photoshop. They are jpgs. The text is one of the main things that gets messed up. It gets squished and unreadable, and I am setting the width and height to what they should be in the htm file. It is a pixel font if that helps at all. The text is in the jpg. Basically I have a bunch of jpgs, that are the buttons and the button rollovers and I just imported them into the library and used them that way. Also the alignment gets messed up on one of the buttons too. And it's not a problem with the button states, or anything in any keyframes. It looks fine but when I publish everything gets messed up.
  • adminsr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • adminsr
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Assuming you're not stretching of compressing your images, that's really strange. Try File>Import>Import to Library; it will automatically refresh the images. Go back to Photoshop and remove the text. Do all text in Flash to save space. Try un-checking "compress movie".
  • merlinvicki
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can we have the code in ur HTML file or a link to the same....
  • Zonezero5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Zonezero5

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the help. I figured out a way around it but still don't know why it was messing up the text so much. I did what adminsr told me to do, with the text, to do it all in flash. It fixed the problem. Thanks for the help and quick responses.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts