Removing Flash from Script

• trinity
  • Born
  • Born
  • trinity

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am trying to remove the flash code from a web template i have.
I want to keep the background images intact but remove the movie portion (I'm making an html static version of website in addition to the flash version)
i go thru the html code, and i see where the flash script begins and ends, but if i delete that section i end up removing too much- like the background gone.
i'll keep plugging away, i just thought i would ask if someone knows how to pick thru the code to delete the movie portions.
thanks
  • Sulfin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Are you trying to make oyur page do this when the user does something or are you just wanting to get rid of the movie?

If this command is user-activated, just make whatever link to an exact replica of the page but without the flash movie in it. It may be a crappy way of doing it, but I don't know a better one.
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

If the movie is inside of say a TD or a DIV that doesn't have the width set & you remove the movie then that TD or DIV element is going to collapse which may be what is causing your background to disapear.

If this is the case you'll need to put somthing in place of that swf to prevent it from collapsing.

A look at the page(s) in question would be nice, here's a stab in the dark for now.

Replace,
Code: [ Select ]
........<td>....other elements.....
<object width="200" height="200">....rest of flash...
</td>
  1. ........<td>....other elements.....
  2. <object width="200" height="200">....rest of flash...
  3. </td>

With,
Code: [ Select ]
<td>......
<div style="width:200px; height:200px;"></div>
</td>
  1. <td>......
  2. <div style="width:200px; height:200px;"></div>
  3. </td>

Normally I would say set the width & height of the element that contains the swf but if it's collapsing then it's likely meant to be "fluid".

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts