Several small Qs

• groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK 3 questions really don't know that they all fit in this catagory but here goes.

1. I have developed a site in Dreamweaver, I want to add music with a flash on off button. To save on size the flash button uses loadmovie. Problem is wont this mean that each page on the dreamwever site will reload the music? Is there a way around this.

2. Text in Dreamweaver sems to jump a line! If I type into the page, when I hit return it always skips 2 lines rather than to the next line, which property needs to be changed.

3. Anchor problems. I cant seems to anchor the layers in dreamweaver. Text and object that ar placed to the right hand side move into the centre on clear pages loosing continuity. I have tried placeing named anchors in the layout but with no effect.

I know the latter 2 questions are a little basic, spent far to long with flash! Thanks for any input guys.

Groove
  • groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok I've sorted part 2. Suggestions for the other parts are still welcome, thanks guys.

Groove
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, i will try and answer.
1)The flash button will load on every page unless you were to use frames The movie would load everytime, but on the main page the movie would load up, preload...on all the other pages it would load instantly because of the page cashing it.

3) When i first started using dreamweaver I had similar problems. I made a website using layers. when i exported it i had to set everything off a little for them to show up ok. worked ok for IE but for anyone else it would screw up.
you need to use tables.

hope i helped

the last 2 questions should be in a thread in the web design forum. ;)
  • groovemaize2K
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay so using frames is obviously better, but, is it going to make any difference in this instance?
I have sorted the other 2 problems, its just the sound problem wth dreamweaver, I want a loop to play but I also want to be able to have on/offf control without the loop loading for each page, continuity. Thanks in advance as always.

Groove

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts