Slideshow of SWF files

• amiecutietoes
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

So I'm not AS2 pro, but I made a slideshow that loads about 15 different SWFs as each slide. Each SWF has a preloader and a "container" blank movie clip at the end which loads the next SWF. On the last SWF I have it reload the first SWF in the root "container". Now I'm not sure if this is the best way of doing this, but to me it sounds like it stacks a bunch of loaded SWFs on top of each other. Will doing something like this effect performance? Is there a better solution? Thanks! :D
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that has performance implications. I would suggest an XML file or similar to track the content and the load and unload each slide. It would help if you could post your code but here's a tutorial that should get you on the right track.

http://active.tutsplus.com/tutorials/xml/build-a-dynamic-flash-and-xml-slideshow-with-scripted-transitions/
  • amiecutietoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've seen a lot of image slideshow tutorials. I guess I could use swf as well. I also need to make all of the slides the same length then cause right now they aren't
  • amiecutietoes

Post 3+ Months Ago

Found on that I could set up a time delay in the XML for each entry. Perfect! Now the first slide there are 2 versions, one with audio which I want to play only once when the user first comes to the page and another version that plays in the loop with no audio. hmmm
  • daboja
  • Born
  • Born
  • daboja

Post 3+ Months Ago

HI amiecutietoes.. did u managed to tranfor this script to use swf files instead of images?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts