Some giudance please: Adding iFrame to Flash site

• Natalie79
  • Born
  • Born
  • Natalie79

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off: You should know that I am a beginner, and when I say beginner, we’re talking no more than 2 weeks now, plus NO training in web diesign and such and am entirely alone in this, self-taught with no help but for the net (so please be gentle, and use simplified, baby language, and apologies in advance for any stupid/senseless questions I might type up! :icontongue:).

Second, the iframe:
Can it be done? Is it possible to add a layered iframe to a flash site? This is a test sample I made trying to understand the works of flash: sample the whole thing is made in flash and the grey box graphic is where I’d like to have an iframe, just as this designer had done: iframe where all the content loads into upon pressing the navigation buttons.

I’ve literary spent the last 3 hours browsing online for a simplified, step-by-step tutorial on how to do this, but with no success. I hope there is someone with enough patience and free time to explain this to me, or if you at least know where I could find a tutorial on how to add an iframe, it would be most appreciated!

Nat
:wink:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

heh, that's not a iframe, it's just a movieclip where you will load external swfs or images.
To do that:
Code: [ Select ]
btn.onPress = function()
{
mc.loadMovie("movie_name.swf");
}
  1. btn.onPress = function()
  2. {
  3. mc.loadMovie("movie_name.swf");
  4. }
  • Natalie79
  • Born
  • Born
  • Natalie79

Post 3+ Months Ago

But take a look at this: http://www.christinavarro.com/flash.html
Isn't that an iframe? you can even right click and select the items in it. How on EARTH did she do that?
  • stev_ro
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

All you can select there is the text. And if that's what you mean about <"you can even right click and select the items in it.">
That's a simple static text.
To create a selectable text you have to make sure that the "selectable" button is pressed. You will find this button when you select your text field and go to properties or press CTRL+F3(extend the properties panel) and you will see a small btn that looks like this "Ab". Just press it.
  • Natalie79
  • Born
  • Born
  • Natalie79

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wow, and all this time I thought it was an html iframe ... I had no idea you could select text in flash, but after testing what you've mentioned above, i undertsood, and feel both silly and disappointed :? i WAS kind of hoping there was a way to make an iframe in flash.

But thanks loads for clearing that up! Thanks to both of you for helping out! :wink:
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can use iframes, but not in flash.
You can make a trick though to look like is all flash:
top side, left side, right side, bottom side in flash in flash ... and a iframe in middle. But all depends on what you try to achieve.
  • stev_ro
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

We are glad we could help.....don't forget to ask for help when you need......
I did and i learned a lot.....:)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts