Sounds getting out of Sync

• Coraxus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Coraxus
  • Loc: DryDock Station orbiting over Sov. Latifundia

Post 3+ Months Ago

My friend is currently having problem registering on this forum due to his email being "invalid" for some reason so I told "Kirbopher15" that I would post the problem he is having with his Flash.

Settings: Flash 2004, Windows XP, PC.

Quote:
I'm having a big problem with flash. In the movie I'm making everything is set to Stream, and the sounds and music are perfectly matched up in the .fla file, but at many points in time when I'm watching the .swf file it goes out of synch. It fixes itself when I right click, uncheck 'play' and then check 'play' again but I don't wanna make the viewers do that on the final product. I did some experimenting such as putting blank keyframes in where I want the first sound to end and then put in the next sound, or if there's a long pause in between sounds I put in another sound in between and turn the volue on it all the way down so that technically there's a sound there to guide it through, but you can't hear it. That didn't work either, so I tried taking away the muted sounds during the long pauses and nothing changed.
Kirbopher16: Then eventually I tried taking the different parts of the movie and put them in different scenes whenever it begins to synch out in the .swf. But now the gotoandplay; command I set for when I want to scene change gets completely screwed up as well...

So is there any other possible method of solution that can fix this problem with the sounds?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Did he try different sync methods instead of Stream? Stream basically plays what is loaded of the movie... so it may lag if not all of the music is fully loaded. Not exactly the safest method for sound in Flash IMO.
  • smosh

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm not sure if I'm reading the question correctly, but this is what I do:

1. add a new layer
2. on the first keyframe add a sound that's already in the library
3. set the sync to stream
4. type a high number like 999 in the repeat amount so that it fills up the timeline
5. click edit and drag the sound volume to the bottom (silent) on both the left and right speakers
6. enjoy your synced animation
  • Coraxus
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Coraxus
  • Loc: DryDock Station orbiting over Sov. Latifundia

Post 3+ Months Ago

From what he told me, he had troubles, lots of trouble when it came to using event sounds for unknown reasons, and refuses to use any event settings, saying that it would cause trouble for him.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well when it's synced to 'event' it tends to... be annoying and playing multiple layers over itself... can drive one mad! I think 'event' is just for smaller sound effects or something, not sure.

If smosh's method doesn't work, try putting the sync to 'start'.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts