SSL?

• dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

anyone know if it is possible and where I would find out how to do Secure forms in Flash? I have to make a form secure and im not exactly sure how to do it, or where to start
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

uhhh, you asked this before and i answered.
SSL question
probably next time i may not be in the mood to answer at all.
  • dferraro40
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • dferraro40
  • Loc: Massachusetts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I asked before and was sent to http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/whitepapers/security.pdf . I read that and it did not answer my question as how to make it work, it just said that it works. In the past i never worked with SSL and was looking for a little more information on how to make it work. I had forgot that i even made that post because i got side tracked by other work and the SSL was not important. Anyways i apologize for the redundancy.

I figured out how to make a site SSL encrypted for anyone who doesn't know the process.

I check with my web hosting company and they offer a secure server that i can use. All i have to do is use Https://mysite.com/mypage.html

From what i found out if i Use the web hosting companys SSL certificate All the data that is passed is secure with 128bit encryption( as long as all the links i use include https, so my form is using form.php, so i would use the url https://mysite.com/form.php and all the information is secure)

2 issues:

1) when a user gos to the secure site it gives an error message about the security certificate might have an issue. The message will state that all the data is secure but the might be an issue with the certificate. This error happens because(in my case) i am using my web hosting companys SSL certificate and NOT a certificate that is unique to my specific domain. To solve this error message you would have to purchase a SSL certificate for your specific domain name. I was told by my hosting company that i purchase the SSL certificate and they install it for me.

2) I've seen it alot on other peoples pages and i ran into the same issue with my page. When you go to a page and it says there are secure and un secure items on this page, then it asks you what you want to do, display or no display un secure items. This is also a simple fix. All it means is that there are links in that page that do not use the HTTPS instead they use HTTP. If you change all links to use HTTPS you will not see this message when you first access the page.(this includes images)

Pretty simple procedure overall, i hope this helps clarify SSL for anyone who wants to incorporate SSL into there sites.

ps. Icecold i bought both those books! :lol:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts