Stage Problem

• superNoobice
  • superNoobice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi. i have this flashmovie finished and thought everything waas alright. then i realized that my stage is so small (at default 500x400 ??) and i want it at 800x600 there is nothing to change in my movie except the stage.. how to i do this? if i keep editing my movie the symbols will not be placed properly throught the movie. how do i do this and keeping my hands off the symbols? thanks in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you're just looking to change the stage size, click somewhere in the stage area, but not only any objects and the stage size will appear in the "properties" box... click on the size and you can change it...

otherwise, i think you can change something in the modify menu...

hope this helps...
if not, please reply... right now, my machine is fried, so i'm just going on memory...

peace, puck
  • superNoobice
  • superNoobice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply. i tried what you said. but when i change the stage size my symbols would not be aligned anymore. (not in their own proper places with respect to the new stage size).
  • roarmeow
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: BKNY

Post 3+ Months Ago

didn't realize that you wanted all the symbols to be resized and moved accordingly... sorry 'bout that...

so here's two options:

1)after you resize the stage, click on the two blue boxes under the timeline (so you can affect more than one frame at a time), then drag the little bounding brackets above the timeline ("[...]") to both far ends of the timeline.
Next, select the entire timeline (click one corner, hold down shift and click another corner), so that the brackets are still going from one end to the other and every frame is selected. At this point, you should be able to click on an object, select Modify>Free Transform and stretch the objects til they're the right size. Holding down shift during the Free Transform will allow the objects to retain the same proportions.

2) don't change the flash document, just change the size when it's imported into an HTML document... flash will stretch or shrink to whatever size you want it to be within an HTML document...

This'll most definitely mess up how it looks, though, unless you're just dealing with vector graphics... usually when I make a mistake like that, I find that just starting over turns out a much better product.

hope this helps,
puck
  • superNoobice
  • superNoobice

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the reply. i did method 2. i only have vector graphics. thanks a lot.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts