Strange Issue .... Internet Explorer Isssue

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm wondering if anyone has run across this before or not, and if so what is the possible cause. I don't like IE and with good reason this is one of them but the place I work at IE is MANDATORY IE8 to be specific.

With that said any one trying to help may or may not get the same issue as myself.

I made a flash video player that loads videos and all info from XML, has the ability to read and display transcript files. and is skin-able. This player was hand coded by Myself. I works perfectly fine for me on BOTH IE8 and Firefox(Firefox in my browser of choice). Now the player also works fine so far on all the other computers running IE8 that I know of except two and the one we first noticed the issue Its a new system running XP with the latest version of IE8 and same version as myself But it renders half the players elements at (0,0) like it should and the other half at (-100,-100). I don't have a screen shot of this but it messes up the players design. The second computer it was noticed on is my new system Windows 7 I think its IE8 not sure will look into it when I'm back on that system. but that renders the parts the rendered fine in the first IE issue found at (100,100) and the other half fine.

I can get screen shots and examples on request. Any ideas or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

The code in my player Is getting old and outdated and am getting ready to remake the player but I'd like to try to solve this issue before I spend the time rebuilding the player and find the same issue.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPDATE:

I was working on trying to get screen shots of what was going on and the issue has resolved itself. Which dose not make me happy since I don't know what was going on. I'm assuming in may be a windows build issue with IE. The issue resolved it self after windows update ran it self(forgot to turn off automatic updates). If that is the case I don't think there is anything I can do to fix the issue. Still accepting ideas and/or thoughts on it.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use firefox no problems :P
  • ScottG
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • ScottG

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL I would love to use firefox I heavily use it in fact I wouldn't even think to try to solve this IE issue if it weren't for where i worked most their stuff only works in IE which I find to be a pain in my butt because i hate IE with a passion of thousand burning suns
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

o.k here is a long term solution if your willing to re-write.

Apply a template function and then in the index detect browser and then load the browser template.

IE loads a config and Firefox loads another. it may sound like a lot of work but think of it as 2.0 script, upgraded and redonkulious lol

but yea best way i think is to have some config files, if you need help with testing holla but yea tweaks are going to need to be written if you want to work with everything.

Finial thought Death to IE lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts