swapDepths ruins my mailto:?

• chrisMath
  • Born
  • Born
  • chrisMath

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello

I hope someone can help me with this one. Within a couple of MC's I have placed static text boxes with a mailto linked email address. The problem is that as soon as I add swapDepths to the MC's, the mailto function stops working.

Does anyone know why?

It also ruins the scrolling to the text in the same MC. What's up with the swapDepths? How do you circumvent this?

I appreciate you effort.

Christian
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ScienceOfSpock
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Las Vegas

Post 3+ Months Ago

The way I understand it, depths in flash work like z-index in CSS, with the exception that you can only have 1 object per depth in flash.
If you have 2 movieclips in the same relative x,y location, one on depth 1 and the other on depth 5, the mc on depth 5 will obscure the one on depth 1, so that interaction is not possible.

Swapdepths works by switching the depth of an element. For instance, you have the same 2 movieclips as above, and you use swapdepths(1) on the mc on depth 5, it will move to depth 1, but the mc at depth 1 will also move to depth 5. If you are swapping to a depth where no other object exists, then it will simply move your mc to the new depth.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts