SWF Compressor-Decompressor 2.0.1

• errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
There is a swf decompressor located at dcomsoft.com. I have read some reviews on it and it seems to be quite good. Unfortunately I came across it too late and the site does not offer the link for the freeware download anymore.

Has anyone downloaded this software before? Can kindly send it to me please? I need it quite desperately :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

• errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:

Er.. no... It is not decompiler that I am looking at. I have a flash movie (swf) done up but it takes a while to load. I am looking for this software to compress the movie to a smaller size so that it is easier to load and so far only dcomsoft offers this software for free and I have heard good reviews on it :)
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you have the flash source, then you can compress it from File -> Publish Settings -> Flash Tab -> check compress movie (should be automatically set) and also decrease the jpeg quality if you have lots of images in it.
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

IceCold wrote:
if you have the flash source, then you can compress it from File -> Publish Settings -> Flash Tab -> check compress movie (should be automatically set) and also decrease the jpeg quality if you have lots of images in it.

Yes, I have the source and I have compressed the movie through Flash publishing, but it is not enough. I am unable to decrease the jpeg quality as what I am publishing is a magazine. The website takes quite a long time to load... the file size is around 1.5mb.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

then do it with progressive preloaders. Load only the first page first and display it, while in background you load the next 2 pages .... and so on.
  • classified
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Bahrain

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats when a User falls in the 1 file crisis ...
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

no.. I cant do that. I am using a pageflip component. Hence the whole flash movie is just 1 file and 1 page.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i worked so much on a page flip component that i hate it now.
Though, with Flash 8 you can load the pages dynamically ... but you have to do some coding :D
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can I really do that? Can I have some guidance please?

The pageflip component is meant for work. So I am unable to escape though I am beginning to get quite frustrated with it. :cry:
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

are you using this pageflip component?
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

No... I am using the component from flippingbook.com :)

btw, dcomsoft has put in the link for download again. Will try out the software and if still couldnt make it, guess I will have to source for help again :roll:
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok.. it doesn't worked out to be what I have expected :? only 1kb got minus off the original file size :cry:
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

what were you expecting? :D
the .swf is already a compressed file.
looking over that site i see ..
Basic Features:

# Page Preloader (you may edit it or disable as necessary)
# 2 page caching modes (full preloading and loading on demand)

So this mean it already implements the preloading stuff. U just need to activate it.
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

not really expecting anything but just hoping that there will be a miracle :lol:

The file size is so big that it takes quite a while to load from those slow computers. :oops:

The page preloader has to be there. Boss does not want to see a white page while the page is loading.

Can you explain on what is this? -> # 2 page caching modes (full preloading and loading on demand)
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know exactly, that is what i read on their site. What i think (i've seen in other page flips too) is that it preloads first page, then preloads the next 2 pages ... then when you turn the page it preloads the next 2 .... and so on. It's doing the whole preload thingy in the background, so if it didnt finish preloading some pages by the time u do the flip, it will display a preload progress in the middle of a blank page.
  • errorbaby
  • errorbaby

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh... if that's the case, that is an essential too. :?

Guess I have no other options but to leave the swf to load.... :cry:
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

so, here you go, just as i told you :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts