swf Protection!

• stev_ro
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is a question that concerns all flash users...

This is the typical situation : You create a quite nice site(totaly in flash) and you put over the web....the next day a son_of_a_bitch visits your site and decompiles your work.... :x ...and he uses the nice script you just created and only you know how many hours(days) spended creating that piece of code....

Now my question....What protection measures I can take (as a flash developer) to protect my work....And don't tell me about encrypting the swf because it won't work(I already tryied), unless you know a damn good encrypter....and I don't want to hear :" Keep your stuff offline!"

I want to hear some tips&tricks about protecting the swf .....
anyone please :roll:
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your only option is to go after the offender with a very nasty attitude.
Protection of online content is only as good as your attack dog.

They managed to decompile code once, what makes you think they can't do it again ?
  • Belk Media Group
  • Graphic Monk
  • Professor
  • Loc: In the heart of California, Fresno.

Post 3+ Months Ago

After you've completed your project, go through and just make your work as confusing as you possibly can. Use odd variable names, and to name your layers. Put stuff in folders in folders and lock them. Lock stuff to the stage when you can, etc. Just make the whole thing a very unpleasant experience for the person who decompiles your work. They may think twice about doing it again if they know they will have a hard time copying or editing your work.
  • ScRat0i71
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ScRat0i71
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Man, if you have flash 8 try publishing with the option "protect from import" and also if your server is nice and well equipped there are several ways of "blocking" people from downloading your files ftp wise and temporary internet resources wise. Google your search for website encryption and protecting from import and things along that nature, and you will find what the industry professionals use on the major "untouchable" sites.
  • ScRat0i71
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ScRat0i71
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

One more thing, check out the fullsail college web site and try to steal that code... Just do your research and you will find useful tools to prevent importing and code hackers.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts