Swf won't load

• indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello all,

I recently took down my flash site and now want to upload it again. Everything seems to work except the most crucial thing: "Index.swf".

This is my intro movie that leads to the rest of the site, but it simply won't load once I put it on the server. It works fine in Shockwave, Flash, Dreamweaver, and my desktop.

What I find curious is that even by itself (not embedded in HTML) "Index.swf" won't load on the server--whereas the other movies do. The page stalls, as if loading it, then goes blank. And when I call it up with the HTML page, I just get a white box.

I don't know what happened, or why this is happening. I've tried everything. Could someone please help so I can get my site back up?

Thanks alot,
Steve
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never heard this problem before. It's usually a targetting issue to the movie, but you said it doesn't work when going to the file directly yourself... so that's not the case.

Maybe it's your browser. Care to share a link? If it works for me or anyone else, then it's something computer related on your end. If it doesn't work, then I'm stumped... unless something happens when trying to view it that causes a solution to click in my head. Not sure :-\
  • indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't think it's the browser because the other movies load fine (Explorer and Safari), but hey--

Here's the link:
http://home.comcast.net/~indigox/Abstract.swf
http://home.comcast.net/~indigox/Index.swf

The top link is to show that the "Abstract" movie loads, whereas the second one doesn't.

Thanks for the time.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's interesting.

The movie is loading fine, but the content won't display.

What exactly is Index.swf supposed to display?

Is it supposed to load in another file? If so, is the targeting to that movie correct?

Is it supposed to play an animation? Reason I ask this one is because when I right click there is no 'Play/Forward/Rewind' settings that you get by default. And then menu doesn't show that you set showMenu to false in the actionscript. So there is no animation to play in the movie.
  • indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "Index" movie is supposed to be my intro movie, which automatically loads to the "Home" movie.

Here's what it leads to:
http://home.comcast.net/~indigox/Home.swf

The problem is that I built this site over a year ago, when I took a Flash crash course. I haven't touched it since then, so it's like Greek to me know. I figured I'd ask around before having to...gulp...go in and start tweaking and probing.

Let me know if that helps. I could also send/attach the intro "Index" file, if you think that would help.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you can attach the Index.fla file that would be great. I won't be able to do much with the Index.swf file though.
  • indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, now how do I attach it? I assume this site won't allow that...should I send it to you? Upload it to my server?

Do you have an e-mail address?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Uploading to the server would be best. My email has an annoying habit of blocking attached files of any type. (which reminds me i'm supposed to figure out what is up with that... *adds to list*).
  • indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

I named it "LIB.fla" (in your honor), but I don't know if that will work. I tested here--downloaded it off the server and tried to open it in Flash, but it wouldn't.

I uploaded it as Raw Data, I don't know if that's why.

http://home.comcast.net/~indigox/LIB.fla
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Might be why, it won't open for me either.
  • indigox
  • indigox

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, I uploaded is as a bin, and it worked for me.

http://home.comcast.net/~indigox/LIB.fla.bin
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

*scratches head*

Still get an error when trying to open. And yes... I removed the '.bin' extension.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts