Swishmax compression

• Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have seen a lot of Swish, swishmax movies on the web, which have unbelieble stuff, I mean they are great.
Now I have try to do movies but each time I do them the file size of the movie is enormous, even though I try my best to use the less pictures, sounds, etc possible it will still have a big size in file.
Now here comes the question

How can I compress thoses files to it maximun?
is there anyway I can do that?

Thank you for your help

"If a Man does his best, what else is there?" Quote by George Patton
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If there is, the options are most likely in the Publish or Export area. Like in Flash you can go to File/Publish Settings to set certain things about your final published movie (not much on compression though)

I don't use SWiSH so I don't know if it has these options. Try checking the help files or something, if there is a way I am sure it would be in there :)

Chances are though, that what get's published get's published. As with Flash, SWiSH probably does all the compression on export and what you get is what you get.
  • massfrequency
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think, stop me if I'm wrong, Swish defaults compression @ SWF 4. If you tell Swish to compress at SWF 6, then the file size should be limited, it would help if you showed us the movie.
  • Shadow Knight
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Soy Cubano, no puedo ser diferent!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I was talking all movies in general... not just about one. but now that you mention about the swish6, I think I saw that once, I'll try it

Thanks for the advice
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello again shadow knight go to-->file-->size--->report, this way you can see what is making your file size bigger than you want it to be, then reduce from there.

I know this is an old post but if shadow knight is now sorted it may help another member/user of Swish!

:D
  • nitro
  • Born
  • Born
  • nitro

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can also try optimizing the color palet for the movies., reduce the resolution a bit, and your BIGGEST reduction would come if you can blur the movies a bit (this applies to static images as well). I don't know what your scene is, but any movies/graphics that are either fast moving or in the background will most likey not be noticed even if you cut the resolution in half. Especially darker less constrast images. Another thing you can do is stretch the time of the movie(s) a bit, which enables you to trim a few frames here, and there

Not sure If I helped, but it's worth a shot. I am just starting with Flash, so I really don't know for sure what it can/can't do.. But a few years back I did quite a bit production work with 3D MAX. The above procedures applied to Max, So I assume it should apply some what here as well.

Nitro
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great you joined this thread nitro...

Any help is very much appreciated, what works in Flash at times will work in Swish, after all its SWF--**SHOCK WAVE FORMAT** !!

I found Flash too much to cope with..Swish is so much easier, but of course comes down to what you feel at home with...thats Swish for me..every time !

Thanks again nitro, hope to hear from you soon...on Swish!

:D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts