Target HTML Iframe from Flash

• Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

I have a flash file that has buttons in it. I want to put this into Dreamweaver and I need these buttons to link separate HTML files into an Iframe I have created in Dreamweaver.

The flash buttons are working great from dreamweaver, BUT they are not opening into my Iframe, the are opening into a new window.

In Flash, I am adding an action script 'GetURL', and then in the 'Window' option box, am putting my Iframe name.

getURL("mypagename.html", "iframename");

I have been reading forums for 2 days, and dont know why this is not working..

Can anyone help me?
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

you made the flash file in flash 8 ?
if so, you may want to read this topic
  • Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there IceCold,
Thanks for replying to my question

I have had another go and it still doesnt seem to work. Yes i am using Flash 8, I checked out the link, and tried the options suggested there, but still no luck.

Here is my script

For Flash:

on (release) {
getURL("Page2.html", "Profile");
}
  • Cat6000
  • Cat6000

Post 3+ Months Ago

I guess there is a character Limit here...?

Where "Page2.html" is obviously the page I want to link into the IFrame, and "Profile" is the name of my IFrame

For Dreamweaver:

body>
<table width="658" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td width="376"><object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="376" height="457">
<param name="movie" value="RedButton.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="RedButton.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="376" height="457"></embed>
</object></td>
<td><iframe name="Profile" src="Page1.html" height="150" width="327" frameborder="0" scrolling="Auto">content here</iframe></td>
</tr>
</table>
</body>
</html>

Sorry about the heap of script, so here i want a page already viewable and when you click on "RedButton", "Page2.html" views in the IFrame.

Hope this shows you what i am doing wrong and I hope you can help me! It is really frustrating, and I am not all that familar with script!
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

try to give an id to the frame as well. don't know, maybe it will work.
<iframe name="Profile" id="Profile" src="Page1.html" height="150" width="327" frameborder="0" scrolling="Auto">
  • luckysas
  • Born
  • Born
  • luckysas

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had the same issue as you do. There is no problem with your code, but you need to change the global security settings of your Adobe flash player.

Here is what you do
1st -- go to the adobe site:
http://www.macromedia.com/support/docum ... ger04.html

2nd --choose the tab "Global Security Settings" and check the radio button "always allow"

3rd-- go to edit locations...click add a location: here you can pick a trusted location on your computer for your files/folders. I picked my desktop, but you can of course also make a trusted folder.

Make sure your dreamweaver folder/files is/are in your picked location(for me that was my desktop) then try and see if your flash button loads the I frame..it should work. You may have to change these settings for every browser you choose to test with.

I hope this works for you...it did for me anyway.

good luck :)
luckysas
  • darsh999
  • darsh999

Post 3+ Months Ago

First question to ask are you using flash 8 if yes use another version otherwise just do simple thing just give a specific name or i d to first frame it will work..
  • cityba
  • cityba

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello luckysas ,Thanks link!
  • sketchergirl
  • Born
  • Born
  • sketchergirl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there, im having the same problem, just wondering if you have found a way around it yet?. :)

Cat6000 wrote:
Hi there,

I have a flash file that has buttons in it. I want to put this into Dreamweaver and I need these buttons to link separate HTML files into an Iframe I have created in Dreamweaver.

The flash buttons are working great from dreamweaver, BUT they are not opening into my Iframe, the are opening into a new window.

In Flash, I am adding an action script 'GetURL', and then in the 'Window' option box, am putting my Iframe name.

getURL("mypagename.html", "iframename");

I have been reading forums for 2 days, and dont know why this is not working..

Can anyone help me?
  • Mexican Curious
  • Born
  • Born
  • Mexican Curious

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi to all, I discovered this forum searching for and answer for the problem about the iframe called from a flash button.

Reading I found something about the flash 8 was the trouble one.

Well, I decided to down my flash publishing version from 8 to 7 and the problem get solved.

If you don't have any animation effect or ActionScript that gets afected for that change maybe it can be the solution for you.

Seeya.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts