Text behind Masks, MX 2004

• toddbuckles
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: SW Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

In flash MX, non-true type fonts acted funny behind masks. All non-TT fonts had to be embedded if behind a mask.

Enter MX 2k4...

Now, you do not have the option to embed fonts on static text . I can embed the font on input or dynamic, but static supposedly "automatically embeds fonts"

Ain't Werkin'

Any ideas to make this text box, in a button, behind a mask, show up?

TIA

TB
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I don't see why it doesn't work, static text should work behind a mask, but alas I do not use MX 2k4 so I don't know how it works with that.

But if it works with embedded font outlines for dynamic text, why don't you just set the textbox to dynamic, embed the font outlines, and set it's selectable property to false so it appears to be a static textfield?
  • toddbuckles
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: SW Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks lostinbeta. I did that. Worked ok, but just one of those things where you know it is supposed to work, and can't make it without a workaround. I hate those.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Should I come across another solution, I will post.

TB
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

toddbuckles wrote:
Thanks lostinbeta. I did that. Worked ok, but just one of those things where you know it is supposed to work, and can't make it without a workaround. I hate those.

Anyway, thanks for the reply. Should I come across another solution, I will post.

TB

Yeah, I hate those situations.

I never updated to Flash MX 2k4 because I have heard of way too many bugs that I care to deal with (perhaps this is one?) when Flash MX works perfectly fine for me. that and I just can't afford it right now

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts