Text effects in Flash

• rhythmcontrol
  • Born
  • Born
  • rhythmcontrol
  • Loc: Desert Hot Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello OZZU forum. Im new here and i was reading many of the great posts here. Based on that, hopefully someone in here can help me on a flash project that is timely mattered.

I have a project to do in 2 weeks, I already made most of my designs using Adobe Photoshop. However for the main page of the website im creating, i want it to be an epecific way.

I do not know how to use Flash MX very much, so i need someone to help me by going by steps. I apologize early for my ignorance.

Anyway, what i was planning to do is:

(On the main website page i will have a huge planet like logo. The planet will have rings as in jupiter. And i would like my buttons to rotate on the planet. Is that possible using Flash MX?)

also which do you think is easier, Putting the TEXT (title of the site) to rotate on the planet or the buttons?

Thanks very much for your time,

RhythmControl
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do you have Flash? Is your project for school, or work? You want someone to walk you through YOUR project in the next two weeks? That kind of makes it, well, their project. Doesn't it?

Sorry to sound curt. It just doesn't seem like you're really putting much effort in it from your end.
  • rhythmcontrol
  • Born
  • Born
  • rhythmcontrol
  • Loc: Desert Hot Springs

Post 3+ Months Ago

No its ok.

I do have Flash MX, and its a project for my store manager. I have to create a website for him from scratch. I have all the graphics but the only thing i need is to know how to make text rotate.

Ive seen some flash samples that buttons orbit around an item, but i have no idea how to create that. Im a total newbie. Maybe you guys know where i can get tutorials etc, any help is greatly appreaciated.

Thank you!

RhythmControl
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The tutorials and help files that come in FlashMX have all the answers you would need to accomplish your goal. I think people overlook these, often.

There are a number of known and respected websites for learning.

Check out this thread:
http://www.ozzu.com/flash-forum/learning-flash-t22322.html , or do a search. You'll find tons of information and links in the threads here.

;)

If you have specific questions, they're usually the best ones to ask. :D

I, for one, would be happy to help address those issues.

Good luck!
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

digitalMedia wrote:
I think people overlook these, often.

Not me :) When I first bought Flash I had no internet, the help files were all I had to go by :(

But yes, I've lost count of how many times i've read "wow I never knew theese were here!" lol

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts