transparent text button

• shikozel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • shikozel

Post 3+ Months Ago

How can I create transparent text button. When I define text as a button it doesn't work. I think i need to define the area of the button. Any help?? :roll:
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Open up the button for editing (so you are in the button timeline)

Create a new layer in that timeline.

In the "Hit" frame create a new blank frame. In there create a rectangle for the hit area of your button.

Should work :)
  • shikozel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • shikozel

Post 3+ Months Ago

I created two layers.
1 with text over,up,down
2 only hit with rectancle

when I press the button and i am on the text area the button doent react. it reacts only around the text. I know I am doing something wrong but i cat figure it ou

thank you
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well the should be inside your button, and if it is, it should be just as clickable as the area around it.

What happens when you are over your text? Do you still get the hand cursor? What type of textbox are you using?
  • shikozel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • shikozel

Post 3+ Months Ago

when i am on the text it is not clickable. curser changes. It seems like the the rectangle is behind the text
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

The cursor changes to the regular arrow? Or to the text selection cursor?

My guess it is changes to the text selection cursor. If that is the case, that is because your textbox is a dynamic textbox. To correct this issue you can do 2 things...

1) Switch your textbox type to a static textbox (properties panel)

2) Open the properties panel for the textbox and in there will be a little clickable box that has "Ab" in it where the "b" appears to be selected. This is to set the property of the dynamic textbox to be selectable or not. Make sure this is not pressed down.

The selectable property is available for static text as well, so even if your textbox is not a dynamic textbox, this button may still be pressed down so you might want to check that.
  • shikozel
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • shikozel

Post 3+ Months Ago

gain lost in beta
you are the man.... :D
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad I could help ;)
  • jaro
  • Born
  • Born
  • jaro
  • Loc: Finland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm new here so I thought I would say hello first :)

I found this thread through google search. I've got a quite similiar problem:

I typed some text and then made it button. in properties i wrote down the url. i exported it as html and it worked ok.

then i wanted to add rollover state. i made all 4 different states for the button. up - blue. over, down and hit - red. when i exported it as html i could still click it and it opened the url but the rollover stage didnt work properly. the colour of button changed only when i pointed outside of text. when cursor was over the text it didnt change the colour (it should change for over-state colour : red)

so i added a new layer and made a rectangle clickable area at the hit state (as i read in this thread). it didnt help.

it works only when i dont write the url into the url box in the text properties.

i could link the button with action script but i was wondering why this method doesnt work.

anyone knows what im doing wrong?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you convert it to a button symbol you don't apply the URL to the textbox, you add it directly onto the button symbol via the actions panel and
Code: [ Select ]
on (release){
getURL("url", "target");
}
  1. on (release){
  2. getURL("url", "target");
  3. }
  • jaro
  • Born
  • Born
  • jaro
  • Loc: Finland

Post 3+ Months Ago

aha. thank you. i didnt know that when i convert it to a button i cant anymore link url to the text.

newbie mistakes :roll:
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a common one.

Tips for future reference:

Clips used within button symbols cannot have actions applied to them, nor can their instance names be referenced via actionscript

Buttons (or movieclip symbols acting as buttons) within a movieclip symbol acting as a button will not work. Since you will be clicking on the main container button, actions contained on any button(s) inside of it will not register.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts