I am trying to find out if I am a complete idiot.

• withaclick
  • Born
  • Born
  • withaclick

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I find myself creating very visual websites with static graphics. I learned by getting the program (photoshop, imageready) and from there I built sites that are very "pretty". I started with notepad and have graduated to decent website design.

http://www.madellodesigns.com/hompage.html

My problem now is that I have tried to do the same thing with flash and have failed miserably. I have bought books and I have downloaded freebie files and haven't really learned anything. My latest test to patience is a last ditch effort at purchasing a template online. I wanted to see how things interacted with one another and take some elements out to use in future applications. So here is the root of my problem:

In the main timeline I see almost nothing that resembles the layout that actually pops up when I publish preview. The site is gorgeous as it was designed to be when it is published. I cannot find anything that resembles any of the internal pages. I can find all the individual symbols and all the things that make up the symbols but I have no idea how the movie knows how to place them in the layout. I have used the movie explorer and looked through ever frame of actionscript. I have gone through every symbol and looked for actionscript. I have gone through the actionscript pane and clicked every single frame that contains actionscript and alas; I have found and learned nothing.

So, I need to know how to get to the heart of the layout/design of this template and also, if I am a complete idiot.

Thanks to all who have taken the time and thanks for all who respond.

-j
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

eventually u become what u think :D
to get at the heart of the design template is not that hard.
U just need some practice, with smaller flash sources, to find all the symbols.
A movieclip may contain lots of symbols (mc-s, shapes, buttons) .... but they may not be placed in the first frame or the mc can tween from alpha 0 ... so what seems to be a empty movie clip could actually be the holder for many symbols.
Practice makes perfect they say.
  • withaclick
  • Born
  • Born
  • withaclick

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am practiced out. I know that a lot of symbols or animations start with the alpha at 0% and you'll not be able to see that (even in the library window). And I am also aware of masks that will play a big part in visibility. But I have made sure by unlocking all the layers and setting view to "show all" and selecting everything on the stage and outside of the stage in any and every keyframe on every layer and I cannot find any code or symbol that will detail the actual layout of some of the pages.

Thanks for your time in typing and reading.
  • IceCold
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Ro

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, ever consider that some symbols might be added dynamically, from actionscript? :D
you could email me the template, that if u`re not afraid that i`ll use it for personal stuff :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts