Unloading a Loader Component instance

• Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have tried to unify my music .swf's in a way that is easier to navigate. However, I noticed now that since I use the built in components for interfacing (I am no good at programming or flash) I have run into a problem:

Example/Problem

If you notice in the music player, once a loader has successfully loaded the external .swf file (after pressing the album choice), containing the media-if a user tries to navigate away to the main menu and enter the other .swf, the original loader is still stealing bandwidth and can slow connection time to a halt. I need to find a way to encode the Main back button with an unload command to effectively clear the loaded.swf, so it isn't attempting to progressively download the mp3 files.

Any help would be appreciated, I am not good with code so the easier the better. I looked around for solutions on livedocs, but no go. Here's what I have coded on the buttons now:

Quote:
on (release) {
//Movieclip GotoAndPlay Behavior
this.darkness_load.unload();
this.gotoAndPlay("main");
//End Behavior

}

Quote:
on (release) {
//Movieclip GotoAndPlay Behavior
this.unreleased_load.unload();
this.gotoAndPlay("main");
//End Behavior

}

Hope I explained it good enough. :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Travis Coats
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Travis Coats

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forget the original post, I have found an alternative way of doing it. It takes up space, but it works nonetheless. I would still love to know the solution to unloading a loader component, in case I decide the current alternative is too excessive.

Thanks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts