Using Frames within Flash to open other Movies

• Ray2004
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

I want to create a main page on which I have a vertical toolbar on the left part of the screen with links to other parts of the website.

I want to open another flash movie in the other part of the screen (i.e. Besides the screen that is covered by the toolbar), when I click on each button in this toolbar.

To better explain this... Asssume I have a 1024x768 flash movies. The left part has a toolbar that is, lets say 1024x125, and the other part of the screen is empty. Now I have links on this toolbar, and I want each link to open up another flash movie in the remaining mpty part of the screen (hich in this case will be 1024x643)

I can provide the sampl .fla files.
P.S. I have just started working on flash.. I am a newbie in flash... Help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Assuming your Stage is 1024 X 768.... 1024 X 125 would be more of a horizontal top bar than a vertical side bar :wink:

Either or, Search for loadMovie , unloadMovie & container within the Flash & Actionscript Forum, If your new you'll find plenty to get you going.
  • desperado
  • desperado

Post 3+ Months Ago

you convert any symbol to a movie clip and give it an instant name, like "screen1" for example. you code your button with loadmovie and put for target "screen1". depending on your directory you might use "_root.screen1" if your have more questions email me to youiyyuio@yahoo.es
  • Ray2004
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kuwait

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a bunch guys... I actually tried the loadmovie() script and although I had given up on the idea of frames and decided on just opening a ndew movie altogether, what happened is that I somehow added a ; or () somewhere and it loaded the new movie over the old one.. and so I used the old as my frame..

Check it out :P

http://www.geocities.com/rayhayek
if anyone is intersted in the ".fla" please e-mail me and I'll gladly give it to them.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts