Variable Name is causing a problem

• eurosickwitit
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • eurosickwitit

Post 3+ Months Ago

Working with external text files can be a problem sometimes. You have to give your textfield a variable name and then you can't forget to add that name in the textfield itself (eg. content=text_from_textfile). I personally don't mind it but im doing something for a friend and he keeps forgetting it every now and then.

My question: Is there a way to load external text file without typing variable name in that file at the start? (i hope there is, as a matter of fact i need to know it desperately) I bet there is a work around :?

Thanks everyone in advance
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• adminsr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • adminsr
  • Loc: Michigan

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds awfully unlikely that Flash could psychically guess where your text should come from.

camelCase is standard in Actionscript.

Coding is all about forgetting nothing.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When it comes to coding, you have to remember that code never assumes anything, it does what you tell it to. You can't load text into Flash and have Flash be like 'oh, theres a textbox on the stage, I bet this text being loaded goes in there!'
  • merlinvicki
  • Loc: India

Post 3+ Months Ago

you can try loading external html files. they dont require variable names. but you need to keep the filename constant, and its supported in FL MX04 only.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I don't know anything about loading HTML files into Flash, as far as I know it's impossible.

But I don't use MX2k4, thus never bothered to learn of it's new features (if I can't test it, it's useless to me anyway).... so that would be cool if they did add that feature... I guess... in some way.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts