Variables, swf and PHP

• forum4ever
  • Born
  • Born
  • forum4ever

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have a Flash main movie with a number of different buttons. Each button calls another .swf movie. All is fine except for the contact.swf
This contact.swf has a contact form that the user fills in and is sent to me, it also returns an email to the user to confirm their details. This is done with a PHP file.
All works fine in its own .swf but when I call it from the main movie - nothing.
I know it has something to do with the _root variables, but I'm not sure what I need to do!!!!!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do not know the answer to this my self, but i have a friend who is out of town rite now, but i will have him leave a post on here when he gets back. he should be able to help u.
  • bdog01
  • bdog01

Post 3+ Months Ago

this should be easy to fix. what is the specific action script code giving you problems.

when i run into this i just try various combinations of _parent. or _root. or _parent._parent. before the variable. also if it is a specific variable giving you problems u can always just declare it as _global.
  • bdog01
  • bdog01

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is the code i use to do the same thing you r doing. i dont see any problems with your code. i also dont see you actually sending the varaible.

this is AS 2.0

Code: [ Select ]
on (release)
{

email = input.text;

if (!email.length || email.indexOf("@") == -1 || email.indexOf(".") == -1 || email == "your email" || email == "please enter your email")
  {
        input.text = "please enter your email";
    }
else
  {
        var sURL = "http://www.warnerreprise.com/lyris/join_list.php?list=thesun&good=default&error=default&email=" + email;
        getURL("javascript:window.open(\'" + sURL + "\',\'\',\'width=500,height=400\'); void(0)", "_self", "POST");
        input.text = "Thanks for joining";
    }
}
  1. on (release)
  2. {
  4. email = input.text;
  5. if (!email.length || email.indexOf("@") == -1 || email.indexOf(".") == -1 || email == "your email" || email == "please enter your email")
  6.   {
  7.         input.text = "please enter your email";
  8.     }
  9. else
  10.   {
  11.         var sURL = "http://www.warnerreprise.com/lyris/join_list.php?list=thesun&good=default&error=default&email=" + email;
  12.         getURL("javascript:window.open(\'" + sURL + "\',\'\',\'width=500,height=400\'); void(0)", "_self", "POST");
  13.         input.text = "Thanks for joining";
  14.     }
  15. }

this code is in a email.swf that is loaded into another main.swf...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts