vector graphics

• blitzthemaniac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok time for my stupid question of the day...
how do u draw vector graphics in flash?
i understand that flash webdesigners try and rely on vector art as much as they can rather than use bitmap pics n stuff, and after reading the thread by 7lorac titled 'website too slow' i found that i had exactly the same problem...so i looked at my flash hompage im currently slaving over n noticed that i have way too many jpeg pics on it, but i need them, or at least a equal alternative, so vector art the answer?

how do you draw vector art?

thanx for reading :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• superNoobice
  • superNoobice

Post 3+ Months Ago

you use the line tool and shape tools...hate to say it but its how its done. u nid some imagination to make it go WOW. go to http://www.cartoonsmart.com and look into the drawing tutorials. its free man. =)
  • blitzthemaniac
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanx, that site is really kool too,
infact its done well at convincing me into thinkin if i should buy some of thier tutorials, thing is i there isnt just one, i could make good use outta all the tutorials, but that of course will cost a fortune..
can ne one else look at that link and give me sum priceless advice on what they think of those tutorials, lol i really need someone elses opinion on them
  • superNoobice
  • superNoobice

Post 3+ Months Ago

np. yup almost all of those tuts are not for free. :lol: but you can find anything on the internet if you know how to find what youre looking for. for free.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

The following link got me started in working with line art and vectoring in Flash:

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx/lineart.htm
  • SmartBlonde
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Santa Barbara CA USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sometimes when I get mad at the file size but need the pictures......I just do the F11 and make the quality of the photo a little less. Play around with it.......plus....gradients can be quite sweet if you use em right.

Abby :)
  • 4NNie
  • 4NNie

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site has some awesome tutorials about flash drawing: http://www.vectorkid.com

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts