I want to build a short 7 step instruction demo

• kim_me
  • Born
  • Born
  • kim_me

Post 3+ Months Ago

hii all webmasters,

I need some help please! I am not good wiith programming languages and am okie dokie in web designing.

I want to build a short 7 step instruction demo in flash. I have made the 7 steps (thanks to pre-designed templates!) now I want people to click on the check boxes and then click the done button.

- people click on the check boxes of movie clips and in the end (7th step) flash calculates and remembers what u selected in the previous slides)
- how do u make flash or HTML any one remember what u selected in previous slides.

please help .. i aam going freaky here

thanks

kim
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

For the checkboxes, you'll need a listener object to detect the change in the checkbox. The classes and methods used with the checkbox component are covered in Flash's help files. It might be a bit complicated for you if you're not familiar with Actionscript.

As for preserving the choices that the user has made; While you're flash presentation is playing, the choices that the user makes can be stored in variables. Variables can be stored in arrays or datasets(fancy arrays).

If you want the user's choices to persist after the user has closed the Flash presentation, you'll have to save the data to a cookie on the users machine, or in a database, or data file on the server side.

HTH!
  • kim_me
  • Born
  • Born
  • kim_me

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the quite reply! yes you are right it is all quite complicated... I would still like to give it a try...

can i have a look at any readymade action scripts for previewing movies and calculating what the viewer selected (I don't need to save the data onto any cookie or database at this point) this is just for testing purposes to see if one can review what one selects

is there a sample I can look at?
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's quite early for me. I'm not really awake yet. If nobody else offers you a sample, I'll try to find something, or put something together in a couple hours.

:D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

//fixed the title
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's some code for you to try.

Code: [ Select ]
form = new Object();
form.click = function(eventObj){
 trace("The selected property has changed to " + eventObj.target.selected);
}
me.addEventListener("click", form);
  1. form = new Object();
  2. form.click = function(eventObj){
  3.  trace("The selected property has changed to " + eventObj.target.selected);
  4. }
  5. me.addEventListener("click", form);

Put this in the first frame of your timline. You'll need to have a checkbox component called 'me' on the stage. When you test the movie, and check or uncheck the box it'll put "The selected property has changed to true" or "The selected property has changed to false" in the output window.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts