What flash version to use with advertising?

• wiggywag
  • wiggywag

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi!

I'm going to make some banner advertisments, is there any precautions to take considering what version of flash I save the file in. Is flash 5 a standard for advertisments, or can I use the new version 7?

Thanks!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Socno
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Socno
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

wiggywag wrote:
Hi!

I'm going to make some banner advertisments, is there any precautions to take considering what version of flash I save the file in. Is flash 5 a standard for advertisments, or can I use the new version 7?

Thanks!

It does not matter wich version you make the advertisement in and how you save it, as long as you make it a .swf.
All flashplayers can read a .swf file, even if it has been made in the first version of Flash.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think what he means, is for compatibility and having most everyone being able to see the ad without having to upgrade flash.

Just remember, it's easier to be compatible going backwards than forwards in software versions.
  • wiggywag
  • wiggywag

Post 3+ Months Ago

UNFLUX wrote:
I think what he means, is for compatibility and having most everyone being able to see the ad without having to upgrade flash.

Yes that is what I mean! What version of flash do the majority of people have installed? I think it is version 5? Am I right?
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've never seen any stats but a guess would be that 5 or 6 is probably safest.
  • OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would go with 5. I have found that there are still people who have not upgraded to 6 or above.
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe 6 is currently the majority, though there are still 5 users (browser plugin wise) out there. Chances are those people are like 80 years old and don't know how to use the internet. They are probably using IE3 on Windows 95. :roll:

j/k :lol:

I would go for 6 to be honest.
  • OriginNO
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: the Glass City (Hometown: the NO)

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, right. However from a marketing stand point you want more than the majority, you want all. This would include 80 year olds(or anybody) who do not know how to work a computer. I guess your best bet would be to ask your clients which would they prefer and to explain what would be the best option according to their target audience.
  • jlknauff
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should be fine with 5.0-it came out back in 1999 I think. I think most people would be there by now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts