What the heck are those things?

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey guys,

First off, I love this forum site, U guys answered my last question so fast! :) Anyway, ths time I was wondering, on some websites, take http://www.2advanced.com fo example, in thier audio player they have some kind of ambient clip playing. check it out you'll see what I mean. What are those called and where kind I find one or a program to design your own at? Thanx for tha help!

Shark 8)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

On http://www.roadrunner.com, that entire site is in flash but how the heck can they keep it updated like that :?: Are they using XML or something? I know very little about XML and server side scripting, what would be a good place to gain some more knowledge in those areas and how neccessary are they? I have plans for a very large corporate site that I wuld like to do in flash but it would require me constatnly adding updates which still take forever in my case :oops:, I know next to nothing about actionscript, what are your suggestions for server side scripting and flash integration and where can i find good actionscript tutorials and lessons? Thanx again

Shark
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

That particualar one appears to be an embeded wav file.

A google search for : free flash wav files (entered exactly as you see it) will return results for some free ones.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

My search seem sto be only finding sound files, Im looking for the animation, I have seen several different ones on flash sites so I know they are out there somwhere :( , any other ides what to look for?
  • lostinbeta
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Philadelphia, PA

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you mean the sound, then as ATNO said it's either a .wav or a dynamically loaded .mp3.

If you mean the movie, you will have to check out a program called After Effects (I believe that is what they used to make it).

As for your second post. That roadrunner site is all HTML for me (except for the banner at the top).

But if you were to make a fully dynamic Flash site you will have to learn server-side scripting, how to use the LoadVars() object to dynamically load content, and the XML() Object in Flash and how to work with XML in Flash.

Dynamic sites require a lot more coding than static sites, please don't try and run before you walk, you will only cause yourself more stress. If you wish to create a fully dynamic flash site you will need to take time out to learn how it all works. As stated before, some things to look into for dynamic content are....

1) the LoadVars() object
2) the XML() object
3) loadVariables()
4) loadVariablesNum()
5) PHP/mySQL and how they can work with Flash
6) XML and how it works in Flash
7) The wonderful world of anti-cache in Flash (data that gets loaded into flash gets cached by the browser, which isn't good for dynamic content)
8 ) How to dynamically create/duplicate clips and add info to textboxes to display information.

You can find some info on this at http://www.kirupa.com . You could also do a google search on the individual subjects to find more info.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK -- I see what you are saying now. You are talking about the "ambience" in the Small player box that moves to the sound". Well, that one is way beyond me. Lostinbeta may have just answered that, but I still haven't ever figured out how the "ambience movement" is achieved other than I'm sure it's a randomization. How they do it is way beyond me.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL ok thannx for the help guys, yeah I was talking about the little randomization thingy that plays along with the music. Ok ill look into after effects, and thanks for that long list Beta ,lol just more stuff to learn!! Until the next question! 8)

Shark

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts