who know the .fla file format?

• classpeople
  • Born
  • Born
  • classpeople

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi,all
I want to wright a program to check whether the .fla file student did is
according with my request ,so is there anybody know the .fla file format or have any ideas to do this program
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• brutfood
  • brutfood

Post 3+ Months Ago

That's a very unusual request.

It is possible to download a document describing the .swf file format from Macromedia. You could can even write your own application that exported to this format.

I've never seen anyone so interested in the .fla format though, and I don't believe it's documented outside of Macromedia.

What exactly were you planning to extract from the file? Can't you just open it in Flash?
  • classpeople
  • Born
  • Born
  • classpeople

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for you reply!Indeed I want to write a program for flash examination.When student finish flash examination he give a .fla file,I want my programe can auto open this .fla file and check the student's answer.I want to check some text effect and shapes and definemorphshapes etc by my programe!
My intention is to check object effect which in .fla file not to create swf file.
I know we can get swf file format and we can not get object's transform effect from swf file!
Do you have any idea to do this ?
Just for example I have a fla(or swf) file ,In the first frame i place a circle and in tenth frame i place a square,I request student to make a scene of translate circle to square,when student finish this job he post me a file ,I want my programe can check whether he did is right .
If you have any ideas please tell me ,thanks so much!
  • brutfood
  • brutfood

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unless you can find a definition document for the .fla format, all I can suggest is that you look at the character representation of a few files.

I've just done this. There are blocks of clean actionScript, perforated by blocks of gobeldegook. So anything within actionScript or anything that has a textual representations is easier to extract. It's obviously more challenging to decifer timeline information. Perhaps the .swf representation may give a clue to the .fla representation?

It's all I can suggest - sorry.
  • Mr.X
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Mr.X

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash MX cant open the files of Flash 5, but I don't know about the new versions I use Macromedia Flash 2004

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts