working with flash in a4desk

• cssadmin
  • Born
  • Born
  • cssadmin

Post 3+ Months Ago

i'm not a flash developer but wanted to create flash sites, so i purchased a number of products from a4desk, the a4desk product is very much limiting, and i wasted my money, the a4deskpro, its not so bad if you can find an exact business to fit with the very limited templates they allow you to work with. finally, the a4desk menu builder that i bought, i love it, and i've created a flash menu, but.... i cannot figure out how to now insert it into any regular html static page, and i've emailed them and they didnt answer my question. maybe someone here knows, and it maybe isn't specific to their software, and so that is why they just ignored me, but they market it for the person who knows nothing about flash, and gumbie here fell hook line and sinker, and bought about $300 worth of their product that i cannot figure out how to get any traction out of.

so for ya'll who actually know something about flash. if you created a flash menu, how would you then hook it into the header of a regular static page. My options are htm, xhtml, and looks really pretty in my browser... if i could just now get it into a web page, then at least, i could create flash menus for my websites.

many many thanks for any replies.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take a look at Geoff Stearns excellent SWFObject It uses javascript to embed the swf in a html page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 2 posts