Would I be able to get some help?

• Jack Sparrow
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Jack Sparrow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I am currently in the process of building a website and have come to a standstill with the photo gallery part of it. I'm not very experienced when it comes to this sort of thing and would greatly appreciate any help. I found a site that contains a Flash photo gallery which contains elements that I would like to incorporate into my own gallery.

http://www.flashrelief.com/thumbgallery/try.html

Does anyone know of anything or any tutorial that could give me any help in this area. Thankyou very much.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Buck Nasty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philadelphia

Post 3+ Months Ago

here is one that might be good to get ya started. Uses xml to load in the pics.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/xml_flash_photogallery.htm
  • Jack Sparrow
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Jack Sparrow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buck Nasty wrote:
here is one that might be good to get ya started. Uses xml to load in the pics.

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/mx2004/xml_flash_photogallery.htm

Thanks, that has helped alot and I have been getting quite far with my photo gallery, but what I need to know now is, am I able to have the picture movie clip where the pictures load in, inside of another movie clip, so that I can have a mask effect on my pictures.
  • Buck Nasty
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Philadelphia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, just point the picture to that movieiclip. If you are using that tutorial i sent you I think just glancing at it that after u created the picture movieClip just make a movieClip inside that name it and just change the code where picture is such as:
picture.loadMovie(image[p], 1);
to:
picture.myMc.loadMovie(image[p], 1);
I thnk thats all you need to do. Just find the parts in the code that are loading in the xml data to the picture movieClip and just point to your movieClip that is inside it after picture.
If it doesnt work let me know. I am a little hungover and Ill try to look at it more when i feel better. But i think thats it.
  • Jack Sparrow
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Jack Sparrow

Post 3+ Months Ago

Buck Nasty wrote:
Yes, just point the picture to that movieiclip. If you are using that tutorial i sent you I think just glancing at it that after u created the picture movieClip just make a movieClip inside that name it and just change the code where picture is such as:
picture.loadMovie(image[p], 1);
to:
picture.myMc.loadMovie(image[p], 1);
I thnk thats all you need to do. Just find the parts in the code that are loading in the xml data to the picture movieClip and just point to your movieClip that is inside it after picture.
If it doesnt work let me know. I am a little hungover and Ill try to look at it more when i feel better. But i think thats it.

That works fine, thanks. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts