2am Call...

• Heart
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Welcome To, Crazy World!

Post 3+ Months Ago

I got a call at my house at 2 in the morning and found out my sister's water broke and was heading to the hospital. I was up when she called and decided to go with my parents to the hospital thinking it wouldn't take all that long plus I just wanted to be there. Anyways, we get there at about 4 in the morning to find that she had not even started having contractions yet. finally, a couple of hours later she started to get them and they just got more and more painful. At about 10 in the morning I was starting to get a little worried about how long this was really going to take.. It had already been 6 hours and nurses have been coming in and out acting like it wasn't even close to time. I was really starting to get sleepy and just kinda wanted to go home but never asked my parents to take me home. I was really starting to think it would be a LONG day.. At about noon my sisters was only at about 2 centimeters and they won't start till about 10 centimeters. So, I was like "YAY!!! THIS SUCKS!". So, by now my sister has been in labor for about 10 hours and not even close to being ready to give birth. I can't take any naps because of her yelling from the pain and as soon as I fell asleep the nurse would come in and I would have to leave the room. I was just so tired but really started to feel bad for my sister and know she had it worse. finally, the relatives and friends started showing up at about 1 or 2 in the afternoon. Anyways, alot of this and alot of that then finally at about 5 even I am pretty damn sure she is about to have the baby. So, we have to leave the room and never got to go back in and waited.. We waited and waited and waited and waited.. finally, at about 7 we find out she has had the baby and we go and see it. His name is Andrew or Andy and he was born at 6:48pm 10/03/03 at 9.25 pounds and 19".. He was pretty big but I was 11.6 pounds and 23".. My sister was in labor for over 16 hours and I was there for 14 hours bored out of my mind but it was all worth it. I just got home a couple of hours ago and about to hit the hay. I haven't slept since 10am yesterday.. Anyways, it was a crazy, long, and cool day..

p.s. So sorry if I had any errors.. My mind isn't working at its best right now..
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow!! :shock: CONGRATS! That's such an awesome story. Save it for
the rocking chair when you can tell all your great-grandchildren. :P
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh wow, congratulations on your new nephew how exciting! Do you have any kids of your own? I was there for my first nieces birth, we all waited out in the waiting room and could hear her screaming away. Oh dear I think when I have kids I will have a cesarean (or however its spelt!)
  • ModernDestroyer
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congrats Heart or I should say Heart's sister ;) The best is yet to come, Enjoy :D
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adding my congratulations! I remember my ex-wife was in labor with my daughter almost exactly the same amount of time. I'll never forget her exact words spoken very emphatically as she lay in the recovery room -- "I AM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN!!!" *lol

(I don't envy your sister...but glad you have a healthy new nephew!)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congratulations, erm....heart.....er....heart's sister! I'm only 15 so I'm glad I wont have to watch a women go through that any time soon. Well best of luck with your new nephew, heart!
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

congrats!
im 16, well, i am telling u this, my gal is gonna have to wait a while until that ;)
well, i always look to my aunt for cash, so...... :D
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts