•  
    No

Abortion discussion

• etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

Partial birth abortion. A foot or lower leg is located and pulled into the vagina. The baby is extracted in breech fashion until the head is just inside the cervix. With the baby face-down, scissors are plunged into the baby's head at the nape of the neck and spread open to enlarge the wound. A suction tip is inserted and the baby's brain removed. The skull collapses and the baby is delivered.

Fetus aborted by saline solution
(a.k.a. "candy apple babies). The abortionist injects a strong salt solution directly into the amniotic sac (fluid surrounding the baby). The baby breathes and swallows it, is poisoned, struggles, and sometimes convulses. It takes over an hour to kill the baby. The mother delivers the dead baby in a day or two.

In California, it's illegal for a vehicle without a driver to exceed 60 miles per hour... In South Carolina, every adult male is required to take a rifle to church on Sunday in case of attack.... In Maine, it's illegal to keep Christmas decorations up past January 14th.... In L.A., California, a man can legally beat his wife with a leather strap, as long as it is less than two inches wide, or she gives him permission to use a wider strap..... In Arkansas, a man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month... In Mobile, Alabama, it's unlawful to howl at ladies inside the city limits, or wear pumps with sharp heels... In Dyersburg, Tennessee, it is illegal for a woman to call a man for a date... In Michigan, a state law stipulates that a woman's hair legally belongs to her husband.... In Iowa, it's illegal to kiss longer than five minutes.... In San Francisco, California, it's illegal to wipe one's car with used underwear.... In Arkansas, flirtation between the members of the opposite sex on the streets of Little Rock may result in a 30-day jail term....
And you want the government to decide
what's right or wrong for you?

yeah that was for research on a paper for english. i think its funny too. dumb laws. lol. im glad it wasnt a poem i wrote or sumthin lol.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Frostbyt3
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Corpus Christi, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

er...?

My opinion...

Im not against abortion.

I know you've heard this a million times from millions of people...its their bodies and they can do what they want. Honestly its none of my bussiness what happens with their abortions.

Second of all, those are very old and outdated laws. I'd be extremely suprised if anyone actually got in trouble for breaking any of those rules/laws...especially the wife beating laws which I am TOTALY against. They would be arrested for any "beatings" of their spouse or anything, it's pure assault.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

//Edited subject line. Edited Poll.
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am against abortion, yeah it is their body but not their choice. if they werent smart enough to stay abstinant or use protection thats their fault. abortion is murder. if u are still with it u should check out abortiontv.com
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
if they werent smart enough to stay abstinant or use protection thats their fault.

:roll: if only life were that simple.....

Contraception is <b>not</b> 100% safe. And what about rape? If a woman is raped and in the emotional turmoil afterwards does not take a "morning after" pill (or whatever), is that her fault?

And is it the baby's fault that it is born up into a family that cannot afford it, never wanted it and it's life becomes a misery?

Life is not simple and it is not black and white.

Abortion can seem horrific, yes, but I feel that under certain circumstances, killing a foetus (not a baby), that is unaware of it's own existance, is kinder than subjecting a human being to a lifeime of misery.

//I can see this thread getting <b>very</b> nasty <b>very</b> quickly.
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

okay first of all wat about all those ppl lined up willing to adopt a baby?? pages and pages are full of ppl trying to adapt, there jsut arent enough kids,/babies to adopt. and the fetus is a baby at least itsl turn into one. if it was just a harmless fetus then y would they wanna get rid of it?
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

and there are other, far more humane ways of, well, having an abortion. It would surprise me if any of those were still in use in any developed country.
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah they still do do that stuff. and wen theyre done slautering the babies they either throw them in trash bags or in lil containers. yeah they have way too many ways for ppl to abort, u can read all about them on abortion tv.com its really sad wat they do to babies. i studied a lot i mean a lot about abortions and i know its really wrong
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
and the fetus is a baby at least itsl turn into one. if it was just a harmless fetus then y would they wanna get rid of it?

I did not say that it was a "harmless foetus", I said it was "that is unaware of it's own existance".

I assume you mean that a foetus is going to turn into a baby, so that makes it a baby. In that case:

a child will turn into an adult so should be treated as an adult and should have all the rights of an adult
and an adult is going to turn into a corpse and therefore can be considered a corpse now.

//Yes this is yet <i>another</i> one of my rather strange metaphors that people just don't understand

The logic doesn't work. Just because something <i>will become</i> something else, does not mean that it is the same as the something else.

It's just not simple as saying "this is wrong" or "this is right". No moral issues are.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you studied pro-abortion sources of information as well?

From my studies into the topic, I found that "pro-life" groups, tend to use shock tactics, emphatic language and persuasive terms as their arguaments. Pro-abortion literature tends to read in a much more balanced way.

This is a sweeping generalisation but it is a definate trend IMHO
  • Socno
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Socno
  • Loc: New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
okay first of all wat about all those ppl lined up willing to adopt a baby?? pages and pages are full of ppl trying to adapt, there jsut arent enough kids,/babies to adopt. and the fetus is a baby at least itsl turn into one. if it was just a harmless fetus then y would they wanna get rid of it?

That is not true.. It is 100million ++ of children around the world who would like to get adapted, but, there is not enough people who would like to adapt. Thats a fact.
+ not all of those who wants to adapt are fit for the work.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sometimes, its not that simple to have a baby. There are many things to consider (eg. irresponsible father and mother) . Or hardcore junkie parents.

if the parents are screwed up, how can a child be brought into suchan environment?

having abortion does make sense in these situations. but that doesnt mean that I am all out for abortion.

u shld edit the poll options. Smoetimes theres no yes or no situations. its circumstantial in my opinion.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, I said no, because I am not against abortion. If the question had been:

Quote:
do you think abortion is good thing?

Then my answer would also have been "no".
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

there are a lot of parents willing to adopt, only 2% r bc of rape or incest or just cant b afforded( even though the gov helps in financial situations) the other 98% are for their own convienience.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

but if you look at the numbers, 2% is still a very large number of people.

And besides, it is much better for a child to be brought up by its genetic parents than be adopted (however, whether or not adoption is worse than abortion is another matter)
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

well would u rather live with another family that u grew up in and knew no better or not b able to live at all?
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/ ... asons.html

Raw stats. These I like, because they are fact not opinion. No emotion words, no people trying to prove a point. Check the top table:

rape, incest, health, unready for responsiility, too young, not wanting single parenthood, can't afford a baby. These reasons collectively account for 72% of the cases.

Most of those cases you can see that they would have a definate detrimental effect on the baby's life, were it to be born.

I ask again, have you studied any pro-abortion resources, or have you studied and <i>completely unbiassed</i> sources of information? I ask because the passages you have entered above were both quoted directly from the same site, which is entirely one-sided and entirely biased.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
well would u rather live with another family that u grew up in and knew no better or not b able to live at all?

that's really hard to know. It is impossible for me to decide because I have never been put in the situation where I have had to choose.

And it would depend on a number of factors. How wealthy would my adopted parents be? Do they have other children (genetic or otherwise)? Where do they live? There are about ten other that I'm really too lazy to type...

One more thing,
Quote:
(however, whether or not adoption is worse than abortion is another matter)

I already made effectively the same point you did.

Abortion is not a good thing, but it can be done humanely and it is sometimes the best option.
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

well if they used protection or didnt do it at all the numbers would b a lot less. i
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just had another thought.

If I were a product of an incestuous relationship, then I think I would rather have been aborted than being brought up.

Children born of incest are often highly deformed due to the sheer complexity of human DNA.

I have the worst possible case of a visual impairement that effects about 1 in every 35,000 people. It made much of my childhood a complete misery and will continue to cause me problems for the rest of my life.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
well if they used protection or didnt do it at all the numbers would b a lot less. i

Protection is not 100% successful. You can not just go saying that people shouldn't have sex and that if the rubber breaks then they have to suffer the consequences.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes that is true, but if the parents did not use contraception, it suggests that the parents might not be very responsible. Unresponsible parents = bad upbringing for the child = unhappy child. Child suffers.

At some point an adopted child will probably find out they where adopted. This, I would imagine, is pretty tough to take. Accepting that your mother didn't want you is gonna hurt.

You still haven't answered my question. I can only assume that you are avoiding it.
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

wat question rtm?

well if they used protection the numbers would b less and if irresponsible parents didnt want kids they could get fixed. just bc u rnt ready a human shouldnt b murdered
rj stephans, i already said in cases wen its rape or incest its OKAY
and if u were raised in a foster family than thats wat u know and u see them as ur family and yeah wen they find out their partents couldnt keep them its gonna hurt but theyll understand wen they get older.
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtm223 wrote:
I ask again, have you studied any pro-abortion resources, or have you studied and completely unbiassed sources of information? I ask because the passages you have entered above were both quoted directly from the same site, which is entirely one-sided and entirely biased.

//BTW It's not murder.

I'd like to know how you can say that one reason is always ok, but any other reason is always totally wrong? This seems a little odd to me.
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't want this topic to turn into a flame war

i think rtm was asking whether or not you actually read the site he mentioned and whether or not you read any pro-abortionist material

//edit: sorry rtm, didn't see your post
  • rjstephens
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

etw831 wrote:
,,,if irresponsible parents didnt want kids they could get fixed...

What on earth does that mean? If that's want I think it menas then you are just plain wrong.

Things change. I might not want to have kids (or be able to afford to have kids) now but ten years down the track that might change. If I were to get "fixed", I would'nt have that choice
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didnt go on that webppage but i kinda looked at the other point, not as much as my side though. well im not going to argue ne more its not getting us ne where. me or u arent going to change our outlook thats ok though im calling a truce
  • rtm223
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

agreed with rjstevens, I don't want children now but once I have finished university I want a family. This would not be possible if I "got fixed", as you so eloquently put it.

As I have said all along, Abortion is a difficult topic and anyone who sticks vehemently to either one side of the argument or the other is trivialising an extremely complex topic. It is not clear cut, and trying to force a "yes" or "no" situation is wrong
  • etw831
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • etw831

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i already said im done arguing its too touchy for a topic
  • bkummer
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Butler, Pennsylvania

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe that it is wrong to take any given life away. If you would have used any kind of protection during your love making, you would have to deal with the stress of aborting a child. There are many people in the world that do not have the ability to have a child of there own. After, the experience is over (9months of labor), you will see that you have brought a wonderful blessing into this world!

I will not speak too harshly about this situation. I feel more strongly about NOT aborting a fetus because we recently had a child of our own.
The satifaction of being in the delivery room with my wife. GOD BLESS her soul! The POWER that you feel in the entire room of a child being born! I have never felt so much love for my wife as i did on that day!

Well, that is my 2 cents!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 46 posts