Accepting Donations and Taxation?

• twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

I would like to accept donations on my website. I realize people only like to donate if they can deduct the donation off their taxes. So my question is how do you get registered to accept donations like that? At the meeting with my attorney the other day, he was really skeptical about me even having a button on my website to send a donation. He thought it would be best if I had text next to the button that said donations can not be deducted from taxes. I would like to use donations to invest in my environmental website so it is for a good cause. Thanks in advance for any information anybody can provide me with.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters
  • joebert
  • Fart Bubbles
  • Genius
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've asked questions about this all over the place, it will be a miracle if you get anything useful in response.

The only people who ever seem to have any usable information on this subject are Certified Public Accountants and Tax Lawers, in person.
  • twalters84
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • twalters84
  • Loc: Mount Savage, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey there,

Thanks for the response.

That attorney I seen gave me some classification. I really should have written that down. I'll make sure I get that at the next meeting.

I have a few CPA friends that I can get some information out of as well. I'd love to know the finite answer to this and my government grant issues.

Sincerely,
Travis Walters

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts