Adobe CS5 to CS6 compatibility?

• kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wasn't sure where to post this question so its going here.

In the school I work in we have a multimedia\technology classroom. On all the computers I have Adobe Production Premium CS5 currently installed. This suite of software does not include Dreamweaver. So the teacher in that room decided she wanted Dreamweaver but the current version is CS6. I can get CS6 cheaply but any place I've found CS5 is considerably more.

This teacher is worried that installing the Dreamweaver CS6 will not be compatible with the old Production Premium CS5, she thinks that things won't work right and there will be conflicts. I tend to think that there won't be because Dreamweaver is a whole different piece of software from all the others. Are compatibility issues anything I need to worry about?

The computers I'm installing it on are all up to snuff...Intel i5's, 8G RAM, 250+ gigs HDD, Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. So that shouldn't be an issue. The issue will be whether or not CS5 is going to get along with CS6.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Won't be any issues at all. Dreamweaver doesn't require the cross program compatibility that Illustrator and Photoshop(or any of the other graphic editing programs) require. The only interaction the Dreamweaver and the other programs have is direct importing, which imports the completed file(image, flash, etc), not any raw files. I haven't ever ran different versions on the same machine, but here in the office we have different versions on different PC's with no issues(even PC to Mac doesn't cause any issues).
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

I figured it would be because all its doing is creating html files. I actually got on the official adobe forums and asked there and the guy that replied confirmed what I was thinking. Thanks!
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just installed CS6 master suite and OMG, photoshop is black.....WooT Woot like really i have never seen such a sexy software package.
  • sergeyL
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sergeyL

Post 3+ Months Ago

i won't as i tried the same and it didn't work.only one version can work(

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts