ads

• PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just wanted to mention (without scanning earlier posts for this same thread) that the new ads at the top are very annoying and stand out. Is there a reason for these new ads?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd imagine money...
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

very interesting never noticed them until now.... what's next pop ups? And one more thing, does anyone ever click on them? And if so... Why?
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Somewhere on Google Earth

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't know... but maybe people couldn't just resist those ever so tempting java & soap tuturials...
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Look how happy she is (this is the soap link JAVA) l :lol:
The other people in the background are like "Check out the chick who knows JAVA...." :lol:

ok i'm done

later
:arrow: SycomCOmp :idea:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

PluTunium wrote:
I just wanted to mention (without scanning earlier posts for this same thread) that the new ads at the top are very annoying and stand out. Is there a reason for these new ads?

to my knowledge there is only one colour ad at the moment. its not that bad. websites like this need to generate income somehow to keep everything running. nothing is free, my dear.
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

well there are the ads on the bottom, I'd be happy to click on them alot if it ment getting rid of the banners
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

SycomCOmp wrote:
very interesting never noticed them until now.... what's next pop ups? And one more thing, does anyone ever click on them? And if so... Why?

I can't this website every having to resort to using pop up advertising.

As for people clicking the advertisements, it helps to generate income for Ozzu to continue to run.
  • whatlikesit12345
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

musik wrote:
SycomCOmp wrote:

I can't this website every having to resort to using pop up advertising.

As for people clicking the advertisements, it helps to generate income for Ozzu to continue to run.

I agree. I don't think that bwm will ever resorte to pop-ups. Lets all hope not
  • IH8Purple
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

if Ozzu had pop-ups I would probably leave. The banners are not to bad as long as the are sutile and not bright flashing things that would disrupt the forum
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes I agree bright flashy things are very annoying :D

I don't think popups will ever be an option here :D

Actually I am suprised its not an ad for BWM's own hosting company! :D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Louisville, Ky

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol, the ads I am looking at now are all advertisements for pop up blockers
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Vladdrac wrote:
lol, the ads I am looking at now are all advertisements for pop up blockers

Vladdrac--seriously, if that's the ads you are currently seeing here at OZZU (if that's what you meant), then I would suggest that you have an adware proggie running on your machine and suggest you run spybot or adaware and remove it. I can guarantee you the current running ad at OZZU is NOT an add for blockers.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think one advertisement that is only on some pages is a good trade off for a community like this.

Here is an idea: One pays money to keep a website up. This website of his averages 20 registered users at any time. A database of over 100mb is in use, not to mention other system demands for general banwidth of a forum. The members are all content, they like the community, and they are happy that they found it. So now without an add, this site looses money, and is unable to keep the website up, therefore destroying the happy community with no longer content members, or no memebers at all for that matter.

Don't complain, it is one advertisement and is easily washed aside by the pro's of such a great community.
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

:thumbsup: well said :D
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Vladdrac--seriously, if that's the ads you are currently seeing here at OZZU (if that's what you meant), then I would suggest that you have an adware proggie running on your machine and suggest you run spybot or adaware and remove it. I can guarantee you the current running ad at OZZU is NOT an add for blockers.

Seriously, I wish I had printed the screen. They rotate (the ads) 4 ads from google, all same subject in one banner.

I am not sure what spyware would have to do with that....but i run spybot s&d daily
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh okay it was in the google ad at the top, that would be okay then, we thought you meant you had other advertising popping up on your screen.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

One word can offset the google ads to something WAY off topic sometimes. Just ignore them, they are far from flashy and annoying, I hardly notice them anymore!

As for why it happened, probably the mention of "ad" so many times.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes the ads are far from annoying. I am suprised that those are the only ads for a forum this large, that is free.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Odd...I see the rotations as much or more than most...but never saw blocker ads on the Google end. I thought you were talking about the new ad Bigweb put on the main page.
  • Vladdrac
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

oops, my mistake. I thought that is what was being discussed. Well I never noticed it till you now mentioned it, but of course I am also new
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Unfortunately since we do not charge people to be a member of this community there will be some kind of ads to support the forum. For the people wanting an AD free forum, that is not going to happen. For the people fearing that there will eventually be popups here, I wouldn't worry. That will NEVER happen. I dislike popups and will never place them here. Overall, compared to many forums, I would say this place is very friendly as far as advertising is concerned and if one banner on the ENTIRE page is ruining your experience here, then I am sorry. You should be thankful I do not have a banner on the top, bottom, both sides, and the middle like some forums do.
  • SycomCOmp
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree BIG, I've seen some forums with a junkpile of pop ups and banners! I understand your situation and accept it's need for $.... This forum will still be great with them and I wouldn't want to see it go under due to $ issues... Keep up the continuing support and i'll click the crap out of those banners :P

one question is do they get money from me clicking them? I've heard of that before but don't see why... (Even if I don't take part in their services)

later
:arrow: SycomCOmp :idea:
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah ive wondered the same, i click on them now and then too
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

I believe the google ad's do go by click, but I would assume other links on this forum are his personal pages (for google PR increases), pages he has created for clients (same reason), and then the banner, which is probably a contract of some kind, so many days for so much money.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

b_heyer knows exactly what he is talking about and hit the answer perfectly.
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not against the add, I was just wondering why it was a new one. This one has colors lol. The google onces blended in. But, I can deal with these advertisements, they are not bad at all.

I think you should include a donation button somewhere on the page.. you might get something :)
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the ads. I love Ozzu and I think a donation page is a very cool idea :thumbsup:
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Before the main page and main category pages never had any ads. This sponsor simply filled that spot for the time being. The only pages to ever have Google Ads are the actually post pages.
  • natural_angel33
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Las Vegas, NV (blech!)

Post 3+ Months Ago

is it weird that I don't see any ads except for the banner at the top?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 38 posts