• No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

that's to "hoop-a-joob" in vegas, i con't remember it's name.

And yes, I would go on it!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually love doing things like that ... I did skydiving when I was 16 ... that was also a heap of fun ... bungee jumping is also just as cool ... I wanna go on that ... now ...
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would seriously barf
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'd give it a shot. Actually, though, I prefer the rush of going fast over the rush of precarious heights.
  • Divinyl
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Sydney, Ozland.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh HELL no. I agree with ATNO.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

OMG - not for all the tea in China.

I'll be having a beer with ATNO and the ground floor...
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Assneck just did that a few months ago in Las Vegas.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

was he as white as a ghost when he got off the ride? lol
But then again, he's pretty crazy anyway. Tell that nerd to drop by here some time. Miss his humor.
  • assneck
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: seattle, wa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
Assneck just did that a few months ago in Las Vegas.

Yes, I did and it was a blast. The top pic of the roller coaster is old. That roller coaster is not there anymore. It still has the other 3 rides. The one called insanity that hangs you over the side of the Stratosphere and spins you around is crazy. You are basically looking straight down. Impossible not to look down! I am afraid of heights but I did it anyways. I don't think I would do it again but if you ever go to Vegas you have to do it once.

Here is a vid of the ride: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbehfUGx6Rs

assneck
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, speak of the devil. Hello old timer. You definitely got more guts than me to ride that thing.
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

That place and Fremont Street almost make it worth wasting precious time and visiting Las Vegas! Other than that though, Vegas is just an overgrown tourist trap. Like Wall Drug in South Dakota. Or Disney World.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

The one Assneck was on doesn't seem all that frightening. I wouldn't have said no to going on that, but in saying that the vid doesn't really help you appreciate the height.

I still think the most frightening ride i've been on was at Alton Towers near Manchester, England. I forget the name, but basically it's a rollercoaster which starts off at such a height and it crawls along to the peak of a drop and stops just as you are sitting just on the edge, looking more down than straight on. Then at no set time and no warning it will just drop and you fall down at such a pace and go right under a tunnel which is pitch black before bringing you back up. What a rush it gives you though!!

I really could do with going to a theme park right now. There was another really good one i went on at "Canada's Wonderland" where again it's another rollercoaster and there are two carts facing each other and some are sitting with their back to the way the cart is going and others are going face on. It spins upside down etc etc. Then i reverses, so regardless of where you sit at some point along the ride you won't be able to see what's coming! Really good!
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

god I'd love to go on one of those..... I love all such rides, I've ridden any one I've ever come across (sadly haven't reached any quite as wild as those in the pics though) One time a friend and I drove 3 hours out of our way to stop by the biggest rollercoaster in the world (well that's what it was being billed as, don't know if it's still the biggest.... it's in Nagashima, about 200 miles away from Tokyo... just googled it - seems it was the biggest in the world when it was built, in 2000) anyhow sad story - the queue in front of it was so long estimated waiting time was over 3 hours, and in that time the park would shut, so we couldn't go. Oh how longingly I looked at it.... seemed really wicked.
  • vetofunk
  • A SEO GUY
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

I did the one that shoots you straight up in the air a couple times over different trips to Vegas. It is amazing at night. Suppose to be the highest roller coaster in the world...and yes I am afraid of heights.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am afraid of heights, but I would really want to go there right now.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts