Alan Grayson - about time or out of line?

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

For those interested, a Democrat from FL named Alan Grayson had a few choice words regarding the Republican's health care beliefs. Following, the Republican's asked for an apology - to which he had a great reaction. SO...about time or out of line?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoITVLWpKB8
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like how he says people deserve respect and concern "even after they are born". 8)
  • Mas Sehguh
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

The fact that he named his children Skye, Star, Sage, Storm and Stone is sufficient reason to vote for him no matter what.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just become slightly more interested in American politics.

From what i gather, the healthcare plan discussed by Obama is the brainchild of his Democratic party...or maybe not brainchild but certainly being reintroduced to the topic of conversation. This Alan Grayson is a Republican, so a Republican politician is supporting a Democratic idea...that's pretty cool.

It seems that in politics in the UK if you are a member of the conservative party you cannot really positively comment on anything that labour proposes. The parties here act as one, where as it would appear the people in the parties in the US are acting on their behalf but with the majority of their beleifs belonging to another party.

Maybe i am wrong, perhaps someone can clarify how it works?
  • mk27
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
This Alan Grayson is a Republican, so a Republican politician is supporting a Democratic idea...that's pretty cool.

Maybe i am wrong, perhaps someone can clarify how it works?

Yes you are wrong. Alan Grayston is a Democrat (as I is explicit in UPSGuy's OP). None of the Republicans are supporting health care, quite the opposite.

In the CSPAN caption, REP. stands for "representative". If you look underneath that, it says D-Florida -- the D is for Democrat.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ah, cool.

I read too much into REP and not enough into UPSGuy's original post.
  • dyfrin
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: WI

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB,

Our officials are elected from each area, after which they will change their story, never hold up to any campaign promises, and vote however they want, most of the time by absentee on however their party voted.

Little do they actually know about what they vote for as it is often puffed up with extra items that will reward special companies that helped contribute to them in some way shape or form.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts