Aliens are invading the UK

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, i really hope nobody in the UK is afraid of Spiders. It seems that the climate has improved enough for some of the most venomous spiders to finally settle and spread across the land. So far there have been some spiders that bite already settling here. "Experts" say that the climate is nearly warm enough for even the Black Widow to survive the winter months.

I have to admit that my fear of spiders did sort of go away when i moved to Oz. I was more amused by the dangerous ones than anything, so i lost any fear. However, this article kinda made me shudder a bit.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7573530.stm
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Glad I'm in the middle of nowhere :P
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

You live in Canada, as far as i was aware you are not so much affected by the bad spiders. In saying that, i never really cared to check when i was in Toronto in July 2006.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
You live in Canada, as far as i was aware you are not so much affected by the bad spiders. In saying that, i never really cared to check when i was in Toronto in July 2006.

You travel too much for someone that isn't me :P

I'd love to see what a pommie'd do if it got warm enough for brown snakes to go knocking on their doors :D
  • neksus
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey now...it's fairly warm here...in July :P
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I loved that giant-spider-wandering-around-Liverpool stunt.... looks so cool.... what do they call the thing, La Princess? Cute name too :D
  • jflynn
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Baker City, Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

If little critters is all that the UK is worried about these days, I think they may have their priorites mixed up. lol

I've delt with poisonous animals all my life. For the most part the saying, "If you leave them alone, they'll leave you alone." is true.

Check out this RattleSnake that my friend and I found this fall>

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jflynn2008/2775179264/
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

Breeze wrote:
SB wrote:

You travel too much for someone that isn't me :P

No way, i don't travel enough. Only ever been to Portugal, Canada, New Zealand and Australia. Would love to see alot more. I think the US is next.

The article i linked was not a major news story. Just one of these "wanna here something kinda interesting" sort of sections that the BBC have introduced on their semi-recently revamped website.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol :P

*sigh* I've never been out of the country :(

Spelling Nazi smells a mistake.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

How about this, a cheap and close holiday for you is to jet off to New Zealand. It's amazing how different your two countries are when you are also relatively close to each other. It was just over an hour on the plane from Melbourne, so my guess is it'll be less than that from Sydney.

Other popular places for Aussies from what i gathered was Phuket in Thailand and Bali.

The most interesting thing about Australia is how large the country is and how different each corner of the country is. So, i understand why alot of Aussies have not really left their home country. You are young though, i am sure things will change in the not too distant future. You make your future, so only you will know when it will change.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

*sigh* I've never been out of the country

*sighs right back* you have no need to anywhere :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Its all on your doorstep...lucky josher as we say here (UK)

Neighbouring countries include: Indonesia, East Timor and Papua New Guinea to the north, the Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and New Caledonia to the northeast, and New Zealand to the southeast. Australia is the only single country to occupy an entire continent.

Wheras England: its mainland territory occupies most of the southern two-thirds of the island of Great Britain. England shares land borders with Scotland to the north and Wales to the west and elsewhere is bordered by the North Sea, Irish Sea, Celtic Sea, Bristol Channel and English Channel. The capital is London, the largest urban area in Great Britain, and the largest urban zone in the European Union by most.

I feel all at sea lmaooooooooo

Just don't tell my son about the new influx of spiders..he hates them!
:mrgreen:
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Lol, yeah - I lived in north QLD near the Whitsundays for 3 years and those Queenslanders are a different breed, honestly, lol ... XD

Back on track ...
  • tastysite
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Brighouse, West Yorkshire, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

You know I find it hard to believe in global warming I mean ask anone who lives in the UK when they last can rember any length of time when we had 2 hot days in a row.
  • suzie
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
You know I find it hard to believe in global warming I mean ask anone who lives in the UK when they last can rember any length of time when we had 2 hot days in a row.

I know what you mean TS

I did'nt think our summer was that bad this year at one point, then the rain came and that was that. Since two months now with constant rain and I may add extremely very heavy rain too. Then in between its like we escalated to April because we got April showers with sun.

I still have a boarder full of flowers, some half open like they should not really be there. Acers are the only thing in my garden that knows its goodbye for the winter lol

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  • Jenie0109
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well goodluck UK! Be hospitable to new immigrants, LOL. Just kidding.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 15 posts