Alternatives to 3rd party payment processors like Paypal

• Kieths
  • Born
  • Born
  • Kieths

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone, I have been planning to set up an online shop and for that I would need some real good advices. I am looking to integrate an online payment system on my site rather than a third party system as paypal or so. Would that be right? I need to know more on this ,.,.,,, please help me out.
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Have you talked to your bank? They'll likely have online payment processors available.
  • Cliffrod
  • Cliffrod

Post 3+ Months Ago

The use of a third party system for payment would be an ideal thing to do, but if you can really manage your payments online, on your site, it’s not an issue. I would only recommend a precaution of purchasing an SSL certificate for your site that will enable secure web communication for the payment transfer and also enable a professional look for the site. I would recommend SSL Star for the certificates as they have a wide range and you can get good price deals on trusted providers like Thawte, Verisign and GeoTrust to name a few.
  • anidiot

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

A little warning if you're planning to use 2co as your payment processor. After few years working with them, they canceled all my accounts, without a reason. Or at least they didn't told me.

Here's my story:
After I registered new account, they asked me for the license for products that I wanted to sell. I showed them the sites which are selling those products with resell rights but that wasn't enough for them. OK, I though, it's their right to refuse me... But then they closed ALL my vendor accounts on which I was selling for years!!! Even when I showed them licenses! And what's the best they hold all my earnings. And their only answer was "You can't sell for us. THAT'S FINAL!

SO, YOU CAN SELL FOR THEM FOR YEARS, AND THEY CAN TAKE ALL YOUR MONEY AT ANY TIME WITHOUT ANY REASON!

Here's discussion I had with one of their employee which obviously has some problems...

http://www.indigitalworks.com/Account-Cancelation.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts