Amanda Knox Freed!

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just saw the news that Amanda Knox is freed. Her and her family live in the Seattle area where I do, they have been on the news quite a bit here. I feel the court made the right decision today acquitting here on the most of the charges. It must be quite a relief for her to finally be able to come home.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is quite interesting because i wonder how the media has reported it in America. The way it has been reported here has allowed alot of people to be extremely disappointed in this outcome, most are saying that she quite literally got away with murder.

Alot was also said about the way there was alot of publicity about Amanda Knox and not of Meredith Kercher. Her lawyer choice was also quite an interesting thing.

I don't know what was said in the trial, i only followed it bit by bit, but it would be wrong for anyone to claim she was guilty for this crime if she has been acquitted.

I haven't really seen the news of this story, but i'd be interested in hearing if the Kercher family have said anything about the verdict today and whether or not it is positive or negative. I know if i was in their shoes i'd be feeling a bit confused by the whole situation... do you dislike Amanda Knox or do you sympathise for the ordeal that she has gone through? I'd hate to be in their shoes.
  • aimiez
  • Born
  • Born
  • aimiez

Post 3+ Months Ago

I heard about the news too. I am sure, the decision of the court is base don evidences presented. Thats the way how a trial works. We just need to trust the judicial system because I am sure they have all the reason why it is the result.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like most of this retrial was based on some of the poor police work that originally convicted her. The poor evidence used and alot of assumptions was used to accuse her in the first place.

I am glad the Kercher family have spoken and said that they feel they are back at square one. They are being careful not to be critical to Knox as she has effectively been freed, but the fact the Prosecution is appealing may suggest that the Kercher family still believe she may be guilty.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

At least on the news here, there seem to be more happy people than upset people in the Seattle area, her hometown. I did get the impression that it is a more mixed reaction over there. The way they are reporting here is that Italy made a series of glaring errors when collecting evidence, including using a dirty glove and not wearing caps. Independent experts told the appeals court that the collection of evidence fell below international standards and may have resulted in contamination.

Also they have talked alot about Amanda's family here, and the type of person she was growing up and it is completely different than how the Italy prosecutors were trying to portray her. From everything I heard I really believe she wasn't given a fair trial the first time. Plus they already have a guy in jail for doing the crime. They are basically trying to say she was a part of it.
  • SB
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

They have another guy in Jail, but there was enough evidence to suggest he wasn't the only one at the crime scene. So as the Kercher family have stated they are a bit disappointed to know that there is someone out there who is guilty for murder who has not been brought to trial.

It understandably makes people think that maybe Knox was guilty and she quite literally got away with murder.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts